View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Hi new to this 

Post Re: Hi new to this
Lynn and Cindi,
Bless you both for your fortitude. I had trouble understanding the nurse explain Medicare, the prescription card, and supplemental insurance. I cannot imagine years, finances, and 26 pages of paperwork! Until finding this website, I felt like mom was given the dx and we were sent out of the door and on our own. I've been able to relax a bit because now the black hole of uncertainty is shrinking. As a result, I'm able to concentrate on my interaction with mom and chores around the house.

Isn't it nice when someone takes a few moments to help? I taught in two small local, high poverty schools and I often professed the importance of the kids learning to speak in formal register so it would be an option (if they so chose). The reason I relate this anecdote is because they would always ask me why and I would respond, "You can't play the game if you don't know the rules." So, I would teach them how to maneuver. Seems like the same with the VA- How can you obtain resources if you don't know the rules and people won't tell you?

Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:00 pm

Post Re: Hi new to this
Tiny, there is one other website that I check daily. A nonprofit organization provides information on the VA's Aid and Attendance pension benefit. I followed their recommendations to the letter and my LO (WW II vet) was awarded a substantial pension. The website has a forum where questions can be posted and searched. As I said, it is primarily about the Aid and Attendance pension but other VA compensation questions come up sometimes. Here's the link: http://www.veteranaid.org/. AnnieN

Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2