View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Artists? 

Post Re: Artists?
Sounds like such a great trip, Annie. What a wonderful bunch of memories you have from that!
I'd love to see a wolf - always looking for them when we go to Yellowstone. Although my son lives far, far from home, at least when we visit him he lives in one of the most beautiful places in the world and we get to spend lots of time enjoying the best of nature. Yesterday we hiked with one of our best friends from home who is here visiting her son, (our son's best friend) and her 80-something mother in law. We saw moose and had a beautiful view of Phelps Lake, in Grand Teton Nat'l Park. This corner of Wyoming is just breathtaking! The mother-in-law is going fly-fishing this morning - I hope if I make it to 80 I'm as healthy and energetic as she is! And able to travel like she does! She has a 16 hour trip back home tomorrow. UGH!
We love to travel too, and I hope you can get back to traveling Annie. Lynn

Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:08 am

Hello fellow artists out there! If you ever get a chance to do so, go to Ghost Ranch in northern NM, where Georgia O'Keefe lived many summers of her adult life. It is such an inspiring place to create art, meditate, hike and whatever low-key activities you like. Some of the most beautiful rock formations I've ever seen are there - it's like a combination of Bryce Canyon, Zion, Grand Canyon and Capitol Reef all in one place. The drive there is fantastic too - brilliant yellow cottonwoods along the rivers and streams, with bold red, gold and purple striped rocky cliffs, hoodoos and other fantastic formations. I'll post some photos one of these days on FB - if you are interested, send me a PM and I'll "friend" you on FB. Lynn

Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:24 am

hi,
i just joined and so i just saw this, as it popped up as new.. i paint in watercolor and ive just started doing pastels.. for me its my vacation away from home.. when things get over wheming, i just pull out the paint brush and disappear in my paints for awhile.... even if the stress is so bad, that the painting is extra tight.. it gives me a new lease on life and im more relaxed and happier for the rest of the day.. i think any hobby you enjoy, will do the same!!! i highly reccommend it...
will head over and check out your blog lynn..

sole CG for hubby.1st symptoms, 2000, at 55. Diag with AD at 62, LB at 64.. vietnam vet..100% ptsd disability,sprayed with agent orange, which doubled chances for dementia. ER visit 11-13,released to memory care..

Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:17 pm

Hi - glad you found this posting! Something's happened to my blog, and I can't even get on it, but if you are on FB, send me a PM and I'll friend you. You can see some of my paintings on my FB site. I got several paintings done at Ghost Ranch and hope to have a "women's watercolor retreat" there possibly next year. I already have a few people who want to go!
I find painting helps me relieve stress too. I just hide myself away and don't want to be bothered by the world for a while. I can really get lost in it, which is great. It seems like there is never enough time to paint! It's the only way I survived "the boss from #$%^" a few years ago before I retired! Having painting as a hobby/avocation in the past few years has been a Godsend!
Would love to see some of your watercolors. Lynn

Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:45 pm

Hi Lynn,
Have not been on in a while but logged in today as I saw the great news about Irene.
So sad to see about your dads passing. You are a wonderful daughter...that will never change. Take time to grieve.
You have been on my mind a lot lately..maybe a little esp going on here??? I look at my Lynn Larsen paintings and they remind me so much of yours. Beautiful, peaceful, happy.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:45 am

Thanks so much Dianne. I just finished teaching my last w/c workshop for the winter since we are leaving for the sunny SW soon. I love to teach and really get energized by the students. Just finished a 2-session class called "Snow Glow" where we painted winter sunrises, sunsets and birch trees in snow. It was a lot of fun. We should get together and paint some time!
Now that I don't have to be in MD most of the summer, I am planning to go to Wyoming and take a week long workshop, and I want to teach a class in New Mexico probably spring or fall 2012.
Have you had time to paint? I should upload some of my new paintings on FB. Lynn

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:33 pm

Cindi:
Tell us about your painting: medium or media, favorite subjects, styles, any training, any pics on web, etc.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:32 am

hi gail...

thanks for asking!! i paint in wc.. and im just starting to play with pastels.. i have a few paintings on fb... but im also in a online painting forum called painting friends.. if you'd like to join just go to pantingfriends.com and put me in as the referring party... its a small site(60 or so) but weve been up and running for about 3 years... and have folks from all over the world.. we have monthly challenges and folks that will give demos, to follow and alot of art chatter and info.. its a closed forum, by invite only, as we have had a few spammers ..so this works really well.. you or any others that paint, are more than welcome..

do you paint ??? would love to hear about it.. i see you are from kalispel.. my s and dil lived there fora few years and worked at the post office there..beautiful area..
cindi

sole CG for hubby.1st symptoms, 2000, at 55. Diag with AD at 62, LB at 64.. vietnam vet..100% ptsd disability,sprayed with agent orange, which doubled chances for dementia. ER visit 11-13,released to memory care..

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:41 am

Hi Cindi - I'm also a w/c artist and instructor. I'd love to join your site too if that is ok. Are some of your paintings on there?
I have some on my FB account if you want to see them. If so, let me know and I'll send you a PM with my FB account name.
Heading to the SW to do some bird watching and painting next week. Lynn

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:45 am

of course youre welcome lynn..

i think you sent me your blog before, you were having trouble with it... and your fb account..... VERY nice work!!
cindi

Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:55 am

I'm the proud owner of two of Lynn's beautiful paintings! I'm no artist but I am a patron of the arts. :P

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:59 am

And thank the Lord for those patrons of the arts! LOL
Painting was one of the few things that kept me sane a few years ago when I was working for the boss from H-E-double-hockey-sticks! I find it very relaxing, and when it isn't I walk away from it and come back later. Nothing like overpainting or ruining a w/c because you're not in the zone to paint. Lynn

Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:29 pm

How wonderful to own one of her paintings...they are gorgeous to say the least.
Where in the SW will you be vacationing? Will send you a pm.

Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:04 am

Thanks for your compliments ladies! Lynn

Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:16 am

How are all you artists out there doing? We haven't had much communication here lately.
I spent the week taking lots of photos in the Tetons and beautiful Jackson, WY. Have been to all 50 art galleries here this week. When you can get away, the Jackson fall art festival is 10 days in Sept. every year, starting the Thurs. after Labor Day. It's an artists' paradise, like Santa Fe and Taos.
Now I just need time to paint when I get home.
Please post some of your art work when you can! It's fun to share. Lynn

Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next