View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Artists? 

Well don't trade dieting for your painting...that wouldn't be a good trade off. :) Such bright happy colors.. yet calming.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:56 am

Yeah, I know. I'm waiting for somebody to open up a drive-thru liposuction clinic! :lol:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:49 am

Hahahahaa...thats probably possible in the near future...and you will be saying "now why didn't I think of that!" lol

Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:56 pm

I'm always thinking of things like that, not doing anything about it, and then someone else does it and makes a pile of money. Like when I was a little kid and we went to the big department stores in the city. I loved the liquid soap and for years asked my parents why we couldn't buy liquid hand soap for our bathrooms. (now I'm really dating myself since liquid soap has been available for years for homes) Obviously I was an "early adapter" of liquid hand soap! Even as a little kid I couldn't stand the yucky mess bar soap makes. :)

Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:03 pm

I am a writer. I write mostly creative non-fiction. I have a book length manuscript based on my Peace Corps experience of more than 30 years ago. Since my father went downhill in his illness, I have been unable to focus on writing, even though I should be taking notes through the process. Thus far, the only thing I have published was in an edited but self published book of peace corps experiences.

Lynn, I will check out your blog! Everybody, keep the creative juices alive!

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:48 pm

One word for Lynns work...beautiful! They are just stunning!

They really are! Gorgeous!!! :)

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:43 pm

Thanks Pat. One of these days I will get some new work done and photographed, and I'll email you some images and put them on the internet. I'm just getting my painting stuff set up again.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:18 pm

Amanda - Do keep a journal of the LBD journey. When I go back and look at the notes it amazes me. Perhaps one day these little notebooks we all keep may be helpful to research.
As a writer, some day, you may want to do a story of the journey through Lewyland.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:08 pm

Thanks so much for encouragement. I wrote a piece for an edited book that not get picked up. It's a book of essays about caring for a sick or elderly parent. I wrote about my dad's hallucinations after his hip surgery in Mexico. That was almost 5 years ago. I don't think they've stopped since, but both my parents covered it up.

I must start keeping just abbreviated notes. I'll go out next week to check in on things, help my mom pack up to move in with my brother and SIL.

Thanks again

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:49 pm

Glad to have a writer and jewelry maker on this thread. Bet there are more of you out there.

Lynn, you asked whether I had attended a workshop in another country.
Yes, one. Paul Riley in Devon, England. The entire experence was absolutely wonderful, including the accomodations on his property. But I'm an Anglophile.

Are you familiar with him? He has written 2 (at least) books, and he generally paints flowers and landscapes. His flowers are the only ones that make me want to paint flowers.

Gail

Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Gail - thanks. Hadn't heard of him before, but I have now so I'll look up his work. What a thrill that must've been! I want to go to Spain or Italy for a workshop one of these summers when I can get away. Lynn

Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:22 pm

There seem to lots of Paul Riley artists online. His website is www.rileyarts.com. I went there and couldn't find any of his paintings???
So I emailed them and asked why.

The 2 books I have are "Watercolor Workshop" and "Intimate Landscapes."

Gail

Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:50 pm

Post Re: Artists?
What fun to find some 'artist' caregivers on this site. I am not really an 'artist' but more a craft/arts person - altered art books, collage, scrapbooking - and some personal memoir writing for over 10 years. Just last Tuesday for our small caregiver support group, I organized a Collage day. Instead of sitting around and whining about our woes, I brought all the materials to make a simple 9 x 12 collage and told everyone to just have fun with it. They did, and three hours flew by with some very creative outcomes. Everyone wants to do it again. My collage was a longing for a Respite!

Somehow I have not been able to get into writing about my husband's LBD. But it does all hang out on dozens and dozens of e-mails to family and friends. Perhaps I'll find a way to pull all of those together soon. I just accepted Hospice assignment for my husband and It is such a relief - thinking about journaling that experience because it was such an emotional decision.

Jackie

"Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud."

Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:59 pm

Hi Jackie - don't sell yourself short - you sound like an artist to me! I'd love to see your collage. Can you photograph it and post it somewhere so we can see it? Lynn

Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:51 pm

Lynn - The host of the caregiver group took pictures of each collage. I'm waiting for her to send them to me. Is the Photo topic in this room the place to put some pics, or do it separately by private e-mail? I see that you have to sign up for Yahoo to post pics on the Photo site.

We have a big Collage Collective group in our area and I'd love to get some of them to contribute some time to do an actual workshop or two for Caregivers - it is so therapeutic and doesn't really require being an "artist." However, it transports one away, like a good movie or a book, and it's so nice to do it in a group. While we were collaging away, I was able to talk about the Hospice assignment and not get too maudlin about it. Lots of good sharing and warm support.

Jackie

"Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud."

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next