View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Artists? 

Post Artists?
Hi - since this is the respite from dementia area, just wondering if any of you out there are artists. I am a watercolor painter and teach classes in watercolor painting. Having a show today and tomorrow as one of 250 Vermont artists for VT Open Studio weekend. Lynn

Sat May 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Post artists R us
Yes. Well, I paint--not sure if that makes me a real artist. Watercolors and block printing. Ceramic tiles. I have sold 3-4 watercolors. Not doing much now, but hope to get back to it as my life as a LB caregiver will get more housebound.

I took a local one-day workshop in silk painting and it was super fun.

Do you have any art on the Internet? What kind of wc paintings do you do? What workshop teachers have you taken lessons from? My 2 favorites workshop teachers are Ken Hosmer and Paul Riley in oh-so-beautiful Devon.

Gail

Sat May 29, 2010 2:38 pm

Sure, that makes you an artist! I do a lot of florals, as I am a gardener and just love flowers and love color. I also do some landscapes of the mtns. in VT and the Adirondacks. We travel quite a bit so I take a lot of reference photos; I have paintings of everything from Spanish castles, saguaro cacti, to the Tetons.
As far as nationally famous artists I've taken classes from - Tom Lynch, Linda Kemp, Jeanne Carbonetti, Margaret Roseman. Have taken a number of classes and workshops from VT artists, and I've been teaching for at least 5 years now. Someday would LOVE to either take or teach a class in Spain or Italy. Recently heard about a place in Mexico near Puerto Vallarta that sounds like a great place too. Have you taken a class abroad before? Lynn

Sat May 29, 2010 2:47 pm

Good luck with the show!

Sun May 30, 2010 9:33 am
Profile WWW

Thanks Irene! The traffic has been light but the sales have gone well, so overall it's been good. Also, several of my students have stopped in to watch demos and now I have some students out on my porch painting!

Sun May 30, 2010 11:30 am

Gail - have you been painting recently and do you have any photos on the Web? I can't seem to get to my blogspot site..... have to see what's happening with that.
Lynn

Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:59 pm

My paintings and cards will be at a Peony Festival in Hartland, VT this weekend, for any of you New Englanders out there. There will be music, great food, other artists and craftspeople, and of course, fabulous peonies from Harmony Farm, one of the biggest peony growers in the US.
Send me a PM if you want directions.

Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:08 pm

Post painting
Lynn:

No, I don't have any paintings on the net. Do you? You mentioned a blog--would love to check it out.

I haven't painted in several years and it is my fantasy to get back to it. Hopefully it will be a way to make the coming housebound future somewhat productive.

Seems we are the only artists in the group?

Gail

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:04 am

Hi Gail - I have some stuff on my Facebook page. I'll send you a PM with my name. Also, I have some stuff on Lynnswatercolors@blogspot.com but I haven't been able to log in for the past week for some reason. I'll get back to you.
I'd send you some jpgs but I don't know how to convert them to thumbnails. They somehow end up in the body of the email, and HUGE. Do you know how to do that without fancy software?
Guess we are the only artists, or the only ones who want to write about it! Lynn

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:41 am

Hello girls- Nice that you have connected. Lynn did you ever show in Palm Springs,Ca? Bought 2 watercolors of flowers from a Lynn there about 8 years ago.
I have not tried painting...but I have designed fashion accessories and jewelry. Got out of most of it while caregiving...couldn't concentrate... but I l do some jewelry designs in a small way for a couple of stores now that my LO is gone. Keeps me occupied a couple of days a month and brings in some income. :)
Would love to try painting...may just do it one of these days.

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:34 am

Hi Dianne, no, I have never had a show in Palm Springs, BUT, I spent about 2 weeks there 2 winters ago, loved it, and have done some paintings of Palm Canyon. We loved the Thurs. night (I think it was Thurs.) street fair on Palm Canyon Drive. One of the best things about Cal. was all the farmers' markets, street fairs, etc., especially Palm Springs and San Luis Obispo. Bought some nice fused glass jewelry at the one in Palm Springs.
Maybe I could host a caregivers' watercolor workshop somewhere sometime. I'll pack up the RV and we could find some fabulous place to paint and spend a few days having fun! We'll have to keep in touch and see if our paths can cross at some point! I started teaching watercolor about 10 years ago and teach several classes and workshops throughout the year. Do you ever get to VT? I have 3 workshops coming up in Aug. (one is already full).
If you send me a PM, I'll send you my email address and maybe you could send me some photos of your jewelry.
Lynn

Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:19 pm

Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:22 am

Post Watercolor
Lynn:

I found some of your watercolors on the net--love the brightness and loose style. Like many beginning watercolorists, I have trouble with looseness.
I don't have any paintings online and most were done before digital. But I think I have one, on a CD in storage.

It's in storage because I (we) am/are building a new house. Partly because it will be more disabled accessible.

Gail

Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:49 am

One word for Lynns work...beautiful! They are just stunning! You can almost smell the fragrance from the flowers. :)
Check out some of Sharons photos on flicker...another talented sister from this site. :)

Support...diets...talent...what a group!

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:54 am

Thanks, ladies, for the very kind feedback. One of these days I will post some new paintings on my FB account and on some other places and let you know via a posting here. I've been entertaining a lot and travelling to my dad's, so who knows when that will happen. And, I need to get back to painting, haven't done that in several weeks. :(
I think I might be a little better at painting than dieting..... unfortunately....
Lynn

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next