View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Register now for a webinar on dementia with Lewy bodies 

Post Register now for a webinar on dementia with Lewy bodies
Betwixt and Intermixed - Dementia With Lewy Bodies

Three members of the Lewy Body Dementia Association Scientific Advisory Council (SAC) are participating in an upcoming free scientific webinar on dementia with Lewy bodies (DLB), the quintessential overlap disease between Alzheimer (AD) and Parkinson diseases (PD).

This live discussion, hosted by the Alzheimer Research Forum, will take place on Monday, 15 June 2009, from 12 noon to 1 p.m. EST and will feature short slide presentations by Drs. Ian McKeith, Brit Mollenhauer, James Galvin, James Leverenz, and Walter Schulz-Schaeffer, with audio provided via a telephone line. (Drs. McKeith, Galvin and Leverenz are members of LBDA's Scientific Advisory Council.)

Questions for the panel can be submitted in advance and during the live event. An interactive chat session will follow the webinar.

http://www.alzforum.org/res/for/journal ... liveID=175

Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:59 pm
Profile WWW

Irene, Thank you for the info on the webinar, I've never done one but it seems simple enough.

Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:03 pm

Irene, Thanks. I signed up...have not done one like this before but looking forward to it...on the LOs birthday no less :) Emailed some questions in already.

Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:03 pm

Post webinar
Hi, Irene, I am Cheryl. I was wondering if there will be another opportunity to view the scientific discussion that you spoke of last June (I believe it was)... with Dr. McKeith and a few others. thanks, Cheryl

Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:22 am

Post to Irene
Irene, my husband is 58 and was diagnosed when he was 52... He had symptoms for many years before that. Does this put him in the early onset LBD category and would it be beneficial for me to have access to that site to communicate with caregivers there????

Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:25 am

See this post for my notes from the 2009 webinar and the caregivers' FAQ that the LBDA put together after the webinar:
http://community.lbda.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1653

I'm unclear as to what caregivers' website you are trying to gain access to. Are you referring to the chat room? See lbda.org for instructions on accessing the chat room.

Robin

Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:28 am

Robin, one of the gals, I think Lynn??? said she was on the chat site.... I vaguely remember finding one but not being able to access it and I was a bit afraid it might not be a secure site and you never know what sort of pervs are out there! thanks for that info on the webcast thing...

Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:34 am

Right, the chat room is not secure. You are aware of who is logged on, however.

PS. This thread is about the webinar. There are some threads around about chat. Maybe you can post there about chat??

Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:52 am

If you go to the top of this page the webinar info is there and if you click the link I believe you can still listen to the discussion, Yes I would consider your husband early onset only because my husband was around the same age and that's what we were told!

Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:48 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]