View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 SC 

Post SC
North West Corner of SC

Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:53 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: SC
Hi, It is hard too explain my story, because my husband passed away on March 01, 2012. And He was 100% disabled Vietnam Veteran, who had very bad PTSD that wasn't under controll, he suffered a stroke @ the age of 46, that was in 1996, since then down hill. We moved from Connecticut in 2001 to live in South Carolina, to give him freedom of paying high taxes in Conn. and give a little rest from the world, even though he loved family his PTSD wanted him to run and hide.
Well, after going to the VA in South Carolina, the VA knew more was going on at first they diognosed him w/parkinsons, then Alzheimers' then over the last year it was Parkinsons/Lewy body dementia. So, he rapidly declinded over the last 2yrs. Now we are lost, my children and I, we gave him all of our care, and I thought that we would have more time together. But in the last 2yrs, his PTSD had him in Vietnam everyday until he died, What is the Government going to do, don't they see a lot of these men dying, My husband was 61yrs old. No one enjoys life with this disease, and with that PTSD we had a hard struggle as a family, no vacations to look back on. Well that's all for now. I don't know how to post this, but you may.
Linda

Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:02 pm

Linda,
My condolences on your family's sad loss.
Robin

Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:00 pm

Linda, They say life never gives us more than we can handle, I don't understand or agree with that. Your Husband had more than he should have had to deal with, it not only suffocated his chance of a happy, healthy life but it also kept his family from the life that we all hope to have and enjoy. All the best to you and your children.
Fondly, Gerry

Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]