View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Record keeping 

Post Record keeping
When LO just starts to stir in the morning, I get her BP and temp. (Using old fashioned cuff and mercury thermom - tried the mechanical ones but couldn't get consistent readings.) Put these down a column by the days of one week and whether she's had a bm and I've given a laxative. ((My rule - no bm, 1 laxative pill that night. If no bm the next day, 2 pills. If nothing by the 3rd morning, a good dose of Phillips M of M.) Record falls and any other things worth noting and if any changes in meds.

I was not ready for the first fall - orthostatic hypotension. Realy scared me, so I did the whole 911-ER thing which was a waste of time and money and not good for my frustration level around clueless MD's and hospitals. Any caretaker should read up by Googling OH. Had I known more, I'd have noticed that her BP - which had run 120/80 for a year dropped to 100/60 a week before the OH fall. Would have prepared me and maybe said something to the ER doc. Also, when she was just out of it for a day, I called a relative who has a ER doc for an in=law. He said if her vitals were ok and stable - which I could tell him they were, then just let her be and give her a little water when I could rouse her. She was just fine the next next day, but being prepared and having the vitals went a long way to reassuring me.

Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]