View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Parkinson's side of things 

Post Parkinson's side of things
Hello. Thanks for all of the help here. To everyone dealing with this disease, I offer a great big hug and I'm glad to find you. I have a question about the Parkinson's symptoms of LBD. My father was diagnosed almost 3 years ago due to his cognitive decline. He's been on aricept and its success is starting to wane a bit. However, his PD symptoms are becoming quite severe and we're hesitant to start him on anything for that because we don't want to upset his cognitive abilities right now. However, I think the day is quickly approaching where we may have to try something. What are others using for PD in combination with aricpet? Or should we be looking towards Excelon right now? I appreciate any insight.

Many thanks.

Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:56 pm
This is hard when this starts to happen, because many of the drugs to treat Parkinsons can cause other problems with the LBD, Many try the "Sinimet" but in small doses,I am sure you have a Dr who is well aware of LBD and its effects I am adding a link from Yahoo for an over view look at this drug, I hope it helps and Good Luck to you and your Dad!
When you get there read the overview and then click link to different type's of Dementia's. Interesting reading! :)

http://health.yahoo.com/topic/nervous/o ... 5kYtlLvs8F

Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:40 am

My husband was first put on Razadyne and then namenda for the cognitive decline. Then at the University of Florida, Sinemet was added for the parkinson's symptoms. Of course it was done with caution and the only symptom that he seems to have from the addition is nausea. I called the Dr. about that and they ordered a drug by the name of Lodosyn to counter the nausea. Will let you know as we have just started it.

Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:29 am
We also used lodosyn and it worked very well until Jim's system got used to the dosage changes, we also used it for the Exelon which was another problem getting used to the higher dosages.

Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]