View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 SEROQUEL 

Post SEROQUEL
My mother-in-law (recently diagnosed with LBD) has experienced problems with mild hallucinations and delusions (phone ringing during the night, seeing someone at the window, feeling someone was trying to break into the house). She was prescribed Seroquel today (50 mg). While reading about this drug on WebMD, I read that the FDA issued a warning in April 2005 about elderly people with dementia - - it isn't approved for that use. It is safe for people with bi-polar and manic problems.

Should I contact her doctor and discuss this with him?

Thanks for the support provided by this LBD Forum.

Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:55 pm
By all means contact her Dr if you have concerns, there are several drugs out there for this but most aren't good for LBD but some people can use them with no problem, ask if maybe he wants to start trying at a smaller dosage, My Husband took this with no problems yes it made him sleepy but at least the other issues were gone and I also used it onlywhen I really needed it for the most part, Take Risperdal some can take it but my Husband could not he had a very bad reaction to it and I am glad you are right on top of this disease with the meds because I think sometimes Dr's just try way to many things on people! Good Luck! Let us know how it goes! :)

Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]