View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Natural remedies 

Post Natural remedies
Has anybody tried any natural remedies such as MSM and if so, with what results? Thanks.

Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:54 pm

There are other natural substances which are acetylcholinesterase inhibitors such as Huperzine A and Galantamine, has anybody tried these instead of drugs such as aricept, exelon etc. which basically do the same thing? What about cdp-choline or choline supplementation to increase the amount acetycholine available. has anybody tried that? Just trying to find maybe a more natural and less expensive approach to this disease. Thanks.

Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:39 am

Yes, have tried several different supplements, before my father was diagnosed with LBD, we were trying to treat dementia or parkinsons with supplements. While some seemed to show promise, they were all short lived. I think that the different problems LBD presents, makes it hard to treat....what will seem to help one problem may intensify another prob.
I believe we have tried everything I have read about without much success. After the DR tried to treat him for parkinsons in May this year,
he is slowly recovering from seizures and so many other things I want to forget. Dr treated him with Zyprexa & Sinemet. DID NOT WORK!! He is on the mend mainly from letting those drugs work out of his system (long process) and currently on Exelon, Namenda, Vit C, Vit E, Folic Acid and BP med. Functioning reasonably well at this time. You have to be careful with dosages of any kind. Have recently read about Idebenone (better than E?) and may give it a try. Newest Dr suggested Blueberries for memory & Bilberry for eyesight today. Sounds good. I had the same thought as you, but it wasn't worth it. The supplements aren't cheap, and I could open a store with little used bottles.

Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]