View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Connseling to help me with LBD issues 

Post Connseling to help me with LBD issues
I have been having increasing issues dealing with how LBD impacts me. I have finally given in, out of desperation, to go to a professional Counselor. I have chosen a Psychologist suggested by my Family Doctor. While I do not know what to expect, since I have never been in counseling before, I do hope it will be an open and congenial environment. I am reticent to expose my inner most issues because I am frightened about the power a Psychologist has to place me in an institution. Just the same, I need someone I can open up too. As my Family Doctor and I discussed, I cannot tell my wife my inner fears and issues because she has enough to worry about with me being ill. There are also issues with our move to Florida that hav negatively impacted me. SO, this should be an interesting appointment. I wonder if any of you have had a loved one in counseling?

Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:25 pm

Post Re: Connseling to help me with LBD issues
Good luck with the counselling Donald. I think counsellors are there to hear everything we can't say to anyone else so I wouldnt worry about talking to one! It sounds like you're handling all this very maturely!!

Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:52 am

We were just at Mayo this week for an appointment and our doctor highly recommended counseling. So go for it! 8)

Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:42 pm

The appointment went well. Lasted two hours even though only one was scheduled! The Psychologist is my age and did his homework on LBD. This meeting was to get to know each other and it worked. His advice for me was to get involved in something I have a passion to do. That is one of my issues. With the exception of writing my blog and teaching a Bible Study at the local Assisted Living Facility, there is nothing I am interested in. Still, he is right, I need to get interested in something. All in all, this was a wonderful experience.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:19 pm

Very good news that you were pleased with the appointment, Donald!

Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]