View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 4mg of Risperdal-what to expect? 

Post 4mg of Risperdal-what to expect?
Hello,
During a recent visit to my fathers Doctor apt. we had one of his meds changed to a higher dosage.
My dad has been asking to go home allot more these last few weeks and asking for his mother that has passed away 12 years ago and seems to be dragging his feet allot more. He does these things dailey and over and over but it just seemed to get worse so that is why the dr. increased his dosage.
My mother and I are worried about what to expect with him on this higher dosage? Any responces would be of great help. Thanks..
Martyg. :shock:

Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:27 pm

Post Re: 4mg of Risperdal-what to expect?
I just responded to your post under the behavioral topic.

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:10 pm

Post Re: 4mg of Risperdal-what to expect?
We, personally, had a bad experience. As far as mood, it was wonderful. However, her body became weaker quickly, and worse, she didn't know where she was....horrible confusion...I ended up having her took off of it, ALTHOUGH the doctor says it was coincidental, ALTHOUGH these symptoms appeared the next day. Now she is on Zyprexa and was doing better, but has lost her memory AGAIN. No memory probs on Seroquel....just got meaner.

Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]