View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Pill box with timer? 

Post Pill box with timer?
Hello, We're looking for a pill dispenser with doors that automatically open at set times. Any suggestions?

My mom has been accidentally taking her PM meds in the AM. It would be great for the box to have an auditory function too, to get her attention when my dad isn't present to remind her and give her the correct meds.

Thank you in advance! This forum is a wonderful service!

Mon May 07, 2007 8:13 pm

Post Pill Box dispenser
Hello, Have you tried putting the words automatic pill box dispenser into your browser and seeing what you get? There just must be something out there for you and it is a matter of time and searching. Wish I could be of more help :) IreneM

Tue May 08, 2007 4:39 pm

Post Automated Pill Box
It's me again. Just for the heck of it I put into my Google Automated Pill Box and sure enough there is a wide choice. I looked at an outfit called epill Medication or something like that. Have a try. IreneM :lol:

Tue May 08, 2007 4:43 pm
I know one of our members (Eric) here has something that works well, it is a robot pill dispenser, I tried to find it but I couldn't Sorry! :x
But I did find few for you to look at!
good Luck!

PILL DISPENSER *

Pill Timer Products from ForgettingThePill.com

Tue May 08, 2007 7:28 pm

http://www.dynamic-living.com/automated ... penser.htm

Victoria; loving daughter of Maureen of Boston, MA; dx'd with LBD in 2/2006; fell victim to rapid decline from Risperidone; Was successful on Celexa, Exelon, ALA & B1; Mom became my Guardian Angel on Sept. 30th, 2006.

Sat May 12, 2007 10:21 am

Here's another possible solution for your problem. My husband takes his meds four times a day. What I did was to purchase an alarm clock that allows for multiple settings (up to 6) per day and the alarm goes off at the specified times for his meds without my having to reset the alarm each time. This works fine when we're home since he's sitting around most of the time. His meds are in a marked 4-compartment pill container next to his lift chair and when the alarm goes off, he takes the meds from the compartment for that time. When we're out, I'm pretty much responsible for making sure he takes his meds (I always carry a day's supply with me) and I wear a watch with an alarm. If you're interested, you can google "multiple-setting alarm clocks" to find one that may work for you

The alarm clock I got is made for hearing impaired people since my husband has profound hearing loss and can't hear a regular alarm even with both hearing aids in. The alarm is loud and piercing (drives me nuts), but it works for him. You may not need one with such a loud alarm.

Sat May 12, 2007 12:46 pm

Marilyn, That's probably okay, your multiple alarm for as long as your LO is still savvy to what time it is and which box to open. Unfortunately, one day that too shall pass and....IreneM

Sat May 12, 2007 2:00 pm

Irene, you're so right. I'm thankful that my husband is still "savvy" enough to understand that when the alarm rings, it's time for his meds, although I think there's some "conditioned reflex" at work there. 50% of the time he'll just take his meds without further ado, but other times he calls me over to verify that it's really time to take the meds and to confirm that he's taking the right ones for that time. His decision making ability is pretty much gone and he's so unsure of himself that he needs my verification for almost everything he does. This is happening more and more often now, and it is scary.

Sat May 12, 2007 3:55 pm

Marilyn, Yes, I know about the need for constant verification. My LO just this second, asked if he was supposed to take the pill I had set out for him in the kitchen. I mentioned the pills in the other emails because my mother who had some sort of dementia nearly killed herself with overdosing on her meds. She was still living alone at that point and would wake up, take her medication, go back to sleep, wake up, convinced it was yet another day, take her medication, etc. etc. It's a miracle she survived that episode. IreneM :?

Sat May 12, 2007 4:46 pm

We use the IMD2 pill dispenser. You can find more information at:

http://www.imd2.com

We could not be happier. Cal has been using it for four years, and it's flexible, easy for the patient, easy for the caregiver and has great reporting functions. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Eric

Cal is not the real name of a real 84 year old with DLB. I don't speak for LBDA, nor do I have clever initials behind my name, so information is provided without warranty. Caveat everybody. I blog at http://PragmaticCaregiver.blogspot.com

Sat May 12, 2007 6:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]