View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Mum's meds 

Post Mum's meds
Hi everyone

I have listed Mum's meds and wondered if anyone could have a look and let us know if they're 'safe' together.

As well as LDB mum has quite a few illnesses to deal with including Osteopsorosis. She also had a triple heart bypass about 13 years ago but before LDB the angina returned.

I'm really not sure if there are other conditions which are being treated but would really appreciate if you could take a look for us.

Her doctor is very approachable and passionate about his work regarding dementia so am sure he's checked all this out, but we're working on suggesting psychostimulants at the next appointement and would like to have all the information we need.

Simvastatin 20mg 1 per day
Isotard isosorbide min 60mg 1/2 a day
Quetiapine 25mg 2 @ night
Cipralex 10mg
Bendroflumethiazide 205mg 1 per day
Aspirin 75mg 1 per day
Exelon 3mg 2 a day
Alendronic Acid 70mg 1 each week

Kind regards
Dawn

Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:20 am
Post Re: Mum's meds
dawnfarrugia wrote:
Simvastatin 20mg 1 per day
Isotard isosorbide min 60mg 1/2 a day
Bendroflumethiazide 205mg 1 per day
Aspirin 75mg 1 per day
Exelon 3mg 2 a day
Alendronic Acid 70mg 1 each week
Dawn

Hi Dawn,
In my opinion these drugs seem to be safe, I do wonder why she is only taking 6 mg a day of exelon? Have you seen any changes with either of the drugs listed below?
Cipralex 10mg

Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:31 am

Post Re: Mum's meds
Hi Dawn,
In my opinion these drugs seem to be safe, I do wonder why she is only taking 6 mg a day of exelon? Have you seen any changes with either of the drugs listed below?
Cipralex 10mg[/quote]

Hi Irene
Sorry I didn't reply sooner, had a bit of a hectic weekend. Many thanks for your response.

The Cipralex was given to Mum when she was first refered to the psyciatrist before dx, they treated her for depression only. My sister in law is going to ask the reason for her remaining on this. The Quetiapine had fantastic results she was prescribed it last summer when she was hospitalized and increased to 50mg just before Christmas (we think). There was a suggestion that they decrease it but we objected as it gave her relief from the hallucinations.

Thanks again Irene, just for being there
Kind regards
Dawn

Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]