View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Foul Smelling Urine 

Post Re: Foul Smelling Urine
April: Yes, Bactrim is an antibiotic. I took the urine sample in on a Monday and the dr. rx'd the Bactrim on the same day [just in case]. We didn't see the dr. until Thursday when he told us the urine was negative but to continue taking the Bactrim. Still the odor cleared up even though it was supposedly not infected. However, I have noticed another awful odor around his breath at times which seems to come and go... This is going to sound weird, but I wonder if the body could be shedding some spent brain cells or something else at times or could it even be the smell of lewy bodies. As far as a spray for the odor, I don't know of anything. But someone recommended washing the urine soaked items with baking soda. Haven't tried it yet, but getting close.

Roxanne

My husband's first diagnosis in 2006 at age 64: Early Cortical Lewy Body Disease. He passed in Oct. 2013 at age 71. Autopsy indicated evidence for late-stage Alzheimer's only. NO Lewy Bodies were found in the hemisphere of his brain that was studied..?

Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:30 pm

Roxanne, do you know if he's had any recent blood tests? The symptoms you describe could be signs of either liver or kidney problems.

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:44 pm

Pat-The most recent blood work was done about 6 months ago when he was in a board & care home. The home health nurse at the board & care told me everything was fine... It looked like we were losing him, so I made the decision to move back to our mountain home of 30 years believing his time was near. He improved a little for about 2 months, then rapidly declined which took us to the dr. for what I thought was a UTI due to the odor of the urine. The dr. put him on hospice which was about 3 months ago. Hospice was perhaps a bit premature, but he needs extra help... I HATE what this disease has done to him and me.
Roxanne

My husband's first diagnosis in 2006 at age 64: Early Cortical Lewy Body Disease. He passed in Oct. 2013 at age 71. Autopsy indicated evidence for late-stage Alzheimer's only. NO Lewy Bodies were found in the hemisphere of his brain that was studied..?

Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:09 pm

I'm so sorry! This is a horrible disease! :cry:

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2