View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Update: No More Benadryl 

Post Update: No More Benadryl
Since faking out my husband last Sunday by substituting a Vit C tablet for the Benadryl, I wanted to let you all know that he has slept like a baby with minimal REM disturbance the past 6 nights. Furthermore, he's getting up earlier (8:00am vs. 9-10:00am) and doesn't feel as groggy and dragged out.

As soon as I learned that antihistamines are contraindicated for LBD, I knew I had to get him off the Benadryl immediately, but because he's so addicted to taking something as a sleep aid, I needed to find a suitable "placebo" to replace it. I received great advice right here in this Forum to try a harmless Vit C tablet. He understood the reason he couldn't take Benadryl anymore and readily accepted the "substitute" which I told him the pharmacist had recommended.

VOILA! Thanks everyone.

Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:12 pm

Post Antihistamines
Great news Marilyn. I too stopped the antihistamine but I can't say that I have had such success. It hasn't been bad but I wouldn't say perfect but what is. I decided to try Melatonin, tonight's the 2nd night with it. Let's see. I hope your LO keeps up the good work which means you will be happier and more rested. Yes, this is a great place to be under the circumstances! Irene M. :lol:

Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:26 pm
I am so glad the advice you recieved here is working well! Now he is getting a little extra Vit C and no more worry with the benadryl, Who would have thought :shock:

Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:22 pm

Post Off Benadryl-Further Update
Further Update........

Who would have thunk???? It's been just about 6 weeks since I switched my hubby off Benadryl and onto a "fake" sleeping pill (a Vit C tablet). He's still sleeping like a baby every night and, strangely, there have been no RBD episodes whatsoever.

Could we have found the CURE for insomnia, sleeping aid addiction, and RBD all in a single 400mg Vit C tablet taken at bedtime? Were it only true, eh? One never knows.....look at all the benefits gained from one small, dirt cheap aspirin.

Sun May 27, 2007 4:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]