View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 MCI - Mild Cognitive Impairment - Early Dementia Treatments 

Post Re: MCI - Mild Cognitive Impairment - Early Dementia Treatme
Tonya, so glad you are feeling better. It took John a while to get over his dental surgery in early November, so give yourself time. It is likely normal to take a bit longer to recover.

Craig, thank you for sharing. I cannot get the early dementia helps link to open for me, and I would love to see if there are other things I could be doing for John. Must be something wrong with my Adobe Reader.
Does anyone have it in another format so I can read it?
Thanks,
Pat

Author of [i]Treasures in the Darkness: Extending Early Stage of LBD...[i][/i] [url]http://www.amazon.com/Treasures-Darkness-Extending-Alzheimers-Parkinsons/dp/1466428228/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334092686&sr=8-1[/url]

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:45 pm

Thanks pat!

' "I try not to worry about the future, but rather to "wonder"....and "wonder" is one step away from "awe" '......From a wise friend........

Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:22 am

Wow - what an interesting thread! Thanks to all of you who share so much of yourselves and thank you Craig for sharing. i wish my mother was as brave as you are and willing to face reality and accept the truth. I think that she would have a better remainder of her life - more fulfilling - and she would stop blaming those who are trying to care for her for the problems that come with her DLB. Good luck to you. I hope that your amazing spirit continues to serve you so well.

Liz

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:56 pm

aelisabeth wrote:
Wow - what an interesting thread! Thanks to all of you who share so much of yourselves and thank you Craig for sharing. i wish my mother was as brave as you are and willing to face reality and accept the truth. I think that she would have a better remainder of her life - more fulfilling - and she would stop blaming those who are trying to care for her for the problems that come with her DLB. Good luck to you. I hope that your amazing spirit continues to serve you so well.

Liz

Amen to that, Liz! My husband was similar to your mother in that he was in denial well past his being diagnosed and of course I was the one with the problem. I had been urging him for years to see a physician and did not even suggest dementia but hinted that maybe he had small strokes or something like that which could be treated or prevented. Oh, well..hindsight is 20/20, as they say. :cry:

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:50 pm

Thanks Pat:

Your posts are always so comforting. Being in the position of having to be the caregivers for my mother is extremely stressful and it is so wonderful to get insights, suggestions, and support from others who understand what we are going through. I hope that you and your husband are doing well. I know that it is a difficult road to have to take.

Liz

Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2