View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Suspicions confirmed 

Post Suspicions confirmed
I've been wondering whether Coy's current "new" symptoms are a result of an increase in sinemet or whether he might be coming down with something. On Monday I thought the "coming down with something" a strong enough possibility that I had him started on an antibiotic. Today I am sharing many of his symptoms (except, I hope, confusion and cognitive decline -- although in trying to work today my ability to concentrate barely registered on the meter.) Since I don't think drug side effects are contageous, I'm going to conclude that we are both simply sick. I hope it is just a matter of days before we are both back to our respective baselines.

I'll keep an eye on Coy's behaviors and consider decreasing the sinemet if he continues with problems after he's well.

I sure wish we both had a caregiver tonight!

Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:13 am

Post Re: Suspicions confirmed
Oh, Jeanne,
What to do when the caregiver needs care?? So sorry and hope you feel better soon! Sher

Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:11 am

Jeanne, I'm sorry you are not well! :cry: Take care!

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:15 am

Feel better soon, Jeanne. At times like that I just want to cry out "I need my mommy!" I hope you have good friends like mine, who will make a pot of chicken soup and bring it over. Has happened a few times in the past couple of years, and I am so thankful for good friends since most of my family live hundreds of miles away. Lynn

Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:36 am

Jeanne, I hope you feel better soon! I am very fortunate to have sisters and granddaughters who are able to come over and help with my mom when I'm ill. So far that hasn't been necessary very often, but it's nice to have that option if needed. I've had both my sister and my oldest grandchild ( she's 20) come over and spend the day with me to learn the routine. It's something I would recommend to every care giver, after having to keep getting out of a sickbed to help the person who was here to take care of my mom while I was sick! :lol: After that experience my sister came over and made herself more familiar with the routine so we wouldn't have to repeat that particular nightmare ! She also spent the week with us during my mom's recent hospitalization and her 1st few days at home, which was wonderful! I got some much needed rest that week.
Ellen

Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:21 pm

Hope you got some sleep and are feeling better, Jeanne, and that you and Coy will both be up to your usual activities soon.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:03 pm

An overdue update. I was sick 4 weeks. Coy was (not urprisingly) sick longer. We finally went in to his doctor. His lungs were clear. She felt his tiredness and weight loss were lingering effects of the illness. She herself had had it and it lasted 4 weeks for her, too. Ugly stuff.

We are now more than a month past that. I'm concerned about Coy's low weight but at least he isn't continuing to lose. At 5 tablets of Sinemet his drooling was well controlled and his gait pretty good, but he had more cognitive issues. He is now on 4 tablets. It is really hard to judge these things, isn't it?

He is also on 2 tablets of Provigil, up from the 1.5 he took for years. I was hoping that would help his daytime alertness, but it is not clear that is has.

A nasty virus of 4 weeks duration no doubt took a lot out of him. It is still hard to say if he is experiencing permanent decline or after affects of illness.

Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:43 am

so glad both of you are over that bug….

that bug cost you a real Cajun home cooked dinner….

maybe next time….in the Spring….

Craig - Patient - Male - 56 years old - Lewy Bodies diagnosed on March 23, 2011 - cognitive disorder NOS dx 2007 - RBD REM dx 2007 issues for 20+ years - intention tremor 1974 - other issues many years

Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:29 am

Glad you are feeling better Jeanne and Coy too.....The bug has made it down here and I've got it now.....I've heard it takes a long time to get over - have terrible laryngitis and cough - saw doc yesterday and got antibiotics....Hoping hubby doesn't get it....
Best wishes,

Tonya

' "I try not to worry about the future, but rather to "wonder"....and "wonder" is one step away from "awe" '......From a wise friend........

Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:07 pm

Feel better, Tonya. I had the stomach/ache all over thing recently which lasted 2 weeks. I can empathize and I'd make you some chicken soup if you were near like my friends do for me when I got sick! Guess I'll have to send you some cyber-chicken soup, Lynn

Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:32 pm

Thanks Lynn - that's so sweet!
Best wishes

' "I try not to worry about the future, but rather to "wonder"....and "wonder" is one step away from "awe" '......From a wise friend........

Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]