View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Gabapentin 

Post Re: Gabapentin
I just called the neurologist's office... and as I suspected, the Gabapentin was given to Dale because he complained of back pain and they thought that pain was what was keeping him awake. I think they have no clue about his 'dream talking and moving about in the bed.' They don't understand that part of his life at all. He is 'wired' most of the time now. He makes no sense. He thinks his bed is an airplane. He told my sister that he flew to Louisiana yesterday. He makes business deals... and tells people about contracts. It's all busy, busy, busy... and he can't turn it off.

Maybe now we will get the 'sleep aid' that the nurse and I wanted.

Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:51 am

Post Re: Gabapentin
So now what do I do with the $46.00 worth of Gabapentin I just bought a few days ago? I know. I add the bottle to the other drugs that didn't work for Dale.

Yesterday, the neurologist wanted to start Dale on Exelon. He can't wear a patch because of sensitive skin. I said I didn't think that would be helpful at this point. Somewhere I heard that Exelon costs $200. per month. That's a lot to pay for something that is apt to be vomited.

No telling what Dale's experiences would be 'with clarity.' Early this morning, he wouldn't let go of the handrails on his bed because he was going to 'fall off the cliff.' He was terrified. To add 'clarity' to his fantasy life just might make him even more terrified.

Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:40 pm

Post Re: Gabapentin rather than the sleep aid we wanted
Leone wrote:
... and as I suspected, the Gabapentin was given to Dale because he complained of back pain and they thought that pain was what was keeping him awake. I think they have no clue about his 'dream talking and moving about in the bed.'

Maybe now we will get the 'sleep aid' that the nurse and I wanted.
The neurologist refused our request so we went to Dale's PCP.

I wanted to update this thread .... We now have the Klonopin I requested and we got it through Dale's PCP rather than the neurologist - who apparently didn't want Dale to have it.

I'm hoping the sleep problem will be solved tonight. I'll report on it tomorrow.

Update: Dale slept for the first time in several weeks. There was no talking and acting out. Klonopin worked.

Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3