View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Donepezil loridrato 

Post Donepezil loridrato
Hi, About 3 weeks ago I joined the forum and explained that my husband, 71, had been diagnosed with Parkinsonism and LBD here in Italy and that he was taking Mirapex and an antihistamine. Eric came to the fore and told me about the bad LBD med list and that mirapex was on that list. My neurologist explained to me that even though those meds can be bad they are not bad for one and all and that at times he has success with one on one person and not on another. In other words, trial and error, hit and miss. As the Mirapex was truly not doing my husband any good and indeed worsening his condition with respect to the Leaning Tower of Pisa look (FYI we live 30 minutes from the tower and I was beginning to consider moving!!) we are now downsizing the Mirapex until he is weaned off. Today the neurologist gave us Donepezil Cloridrato (here the brand name is Memac) which is for the LBD. Does anyone out there have any input on this medication with respect to success or failure? Thanks to all of you for your big shoulders. Irene

Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:57 am

Post Donepezil Cloridrato
Sorry, correction to the subject spelling. It should read Donepezil Cloridrato. Irene

Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:59 am
Post Re: Donepezil loridrato
Irene wrote:
Hi, About 3 weeks ago I joined the forum and explained that my husband, 71, had been diagnosed with Parkinsonism and LBD here in Italy and that he was taking Mirapex and an antihistamine. Eric came to the fore and told me about the bad LBD med list and that mirapex was on that list. My neurologist explained to me that even though those meds can be bad they are not bad for one and all and that at times he has success with one on one person and not on another. In other words, trial and error, hit and miss. downsizing the Mirapex until he is weaned off. Today the neurologist gave us Donepezil Cloridrato (here the brand name is Memac) which is for the LBD. Does anyone out there have any input on this medication with respect to success or failure? Irene

Hi Irene,
I have to agree with your Doctor on this one I have seen so much of this with LBD, drugs that were harmful for my Husband worked for others, We also used mirapex, I can't say it did much good but also didn't see any harmful side effects. Sorry to say I can not say anything about your new med I have no experience with it but I do know many use it.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:54 am

Thanks Irene. I have pretty much figured out that it is Aricept and that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't so I will start him on it tomorrow and we'll see.....not much else to do I suppose. Thanks. Irene

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]