View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Questions about Versed 

Post Questions about Versed
It's been a trying day. Yesterday afternoon, Dad had a fall ( trying to pick things up off the floor that weren't there- we'd been following him around all day trying to distract and re-direct him, turned my eyes for less than ONE MINUTE) on the hardwood floor in the kitchen and dislocated his shoulder and broke his collarbone. They were having a hard time with the reduction of the shoulder due to his stiffness and not being able to manipulate it and were planning to do it under sedation in the OR. While waiting for the Ortho doctor, I ran home, printed out the thread on anesthesia and took it back with me. Thank God he let me try to gently coax Dad into relaxing his arm, which worked, and were able to do it in the ER after all. He is in an immobilizer and has use of only one arm. Unfortunately, they'd already given him Versed to try to relax him. I don't see it listed on the no-no list, but today he is really out of it. The problem is, he's not out of it enough to be still. It's all we can do to keep him safe. He won't sleep, refuses fluids, and is not making any sense whatsoever when he speaks, and keeps trying to stand up and walk, which he cannot do without my husband and myself, one on on each side.
I thought about calling the doctor to see if he could prescribe something to calm him down, but I am afraid to do it because of what the Versed has done already! If anyone has experienced this restlessness with a LO, what works? Any suggestions on calming him would be appreciated. It's like he's on "autopilot" or something. Thanks.

Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:37 pm
What a horrible situation, I dealt with the restlessness for a long time and finally settled on Seroquel, it was the only thing that helped !
Good luck , Oh and great thinking going back and getting the no-no med list to bring back to the ER!

Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]