View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Anyone using Actos for diabetic LO? 

Post Anyone using Actos for diabetic LO?
PCP is trying to lower hubby's A1C level (which is 7.5) and has prescribed actos 15mg to take along with his 2mg glimepiride (amaryl). It takes 2 - 3 months to kick in and is rather pricey. I know that the 100mg of seroquel he takes at bedtime is probably part of the diabetic problem.

Anyone else out there who's LO is diabetic using this drug? Any comments? Good, bad or ugly?

Thanks in advance.

Karen

Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:26 am

My dad was diagnosed with Diabetes about 4 years ago and has been on Actos since. He has done so well with it, A1C is at 6.5. Only issue is that being recently diagnosed with LBD, he sometimes forgets the pills. But, he is usually pretty good, as long as he is folllowing his routine. The Actos is pretty expensive, but there are rebates on their website and if you dont have insurance, they will discount.

Good Luck!
Tanya

Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:31 am

He will probably fall into the donut hole with his drugs later this year so that was good information about being able to get rebates on their website.

The good part so far is that he seems to be tolerating it well. No side effects. We'll know if it's working when we see his PCP in September for a checkup. My LO was also first diagnosed with diabetes over four years ago also and started hallucinating about one week after starting a different diabetic medication. So, I have been in charge of dispensing all of his drugs since then.

Thanks again, Tanya, for information.

Karen

Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]