View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Atrovent Nasal Spray - ipratropium bromide 

Post Atrovent Nasal Spray - ipratropium bromide
"This recently published abstract is about ipratropium bromide spray under the tongue to treat drooling. (Brand name is Atrovent Nasal Spray.)"

The above was mentioned in this TOPIC a long time ago.

My dad is having increased cognitive problems as if he is on some kind of allergy medication -- I could not find anything specific that was added and then I came across this medications which was on a different listing because it was a "nasal spray" . I was just ignoring it as a possible medication.

This was added in the past several weeks -as a nasal spray twice a day in each nostril so that would be 4 doses at a time 4 x .03 (or however large each spray is depending on the nurse)
It was prescribed to dry up a chronic runny fluid from the nose.

His nose has been dry for weeks now for the first time in about 2 years but could this be causing his bad cognition. He used to have mostly good days and then some bad days.

Now he has no good days. I keep feeling like they are drugging him,,, but it looked like they had added nothing new for a while....could this be it?

They are going to think I am completely nuts if I call and ask them to take him off this. They already don't believe in his sensitivity to drugs and I have not gotten an LBD diagnosis yet AND the VA Nursing home doctor thinks LBD and all other dementias are treated the same.

Has anyone else had experience with - ipratropium bromide spray Atrovent? I only found it listing this one time in the search on Treatments on this site.

Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]