View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Lewy Lean 

Post Lewy Lean
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what can help a person who tends to have the Lewy Lean for a few hours a day. He is currently in a Geri Chair and tends to at times lean over to one side. We have him on a ROHO cushion to eliminate sores. At the nursing home we try propping his sides with a pillow but it usually doesn't work well. I tried a half circle wedge but that didn't work. Has anyone found anything that works.

B

Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:19 pm

I never found anything that worked in a geri chair.

What about something inflatable, like a beach ball, that might go under the sagging arm and oblique muscles?

Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:08 am

What about something cylindrical, like a bolster pillow? When one of my sons was born (he was a premie) he was so tiny even with a car seat liner he fell to one side. We rolled hand towels and stuffed one on each side of him so he'd stay upright. Maybe even rolled towels might work???

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:45 pm

I was thinking maybe swim noodles? They are flexible.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:50 pm

Post Re: Lewy Lean
b myers wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what can help a person who tends to have the Lewy Lean for a few hours a day. He is currently in a Geri Chair and tends to at times lean over to one side. We have him on a ROHO cushion to eliminate sores. At the nursing home we try propping his sides with a pillow but it usually doesn't work well. I tried a half circle wedge but that didn't work. Has anyone found anything that works.

B

I just prop my aunt up with pillows as she has the Lewy Lean very bad..but it works for her.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]