View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 publishing a journal? 

Post publishing a journal?
My husband John died of LBD complications November 2009. I have kept a journal for 3 years, documenting in journal form our struggle with this disease, having committed this walk to our Lord. My journal is written with info about his progress and our dependence on God to get us through it. I am considering getting the journal published in its original form. I would appreciate your responses on whether you think this will be helpful to others in this situation. Here is a sample:
Sat. April 11 Another pretty good day. I went down to Susan’s this morning, and she invited me in for a cup of tea. After about an hour, I came back up the driveway, and into the garage, where John was. He was ok, just said he missed me. Not sure he knew where I was... The creepiest thing he is doing these days is his talking in the mirror to his reflection; he truly seems to think it is someone else. Also his taking his clothes on a hanger from his closet toward the garage. I usually stop him and tell him to just leave them in the closet until he wants to wear them. He still is confused about this being our home.
April 13, 2009
Beautiful Easter: seems that I received a new blessing about the meaning of the resurrection this year. I have believed in the crucifixion and resurrection since I was a child, and have thanked God so many times for Jesus dying for me, and the gift of eternal life through Him. But this year was especially poignant for some reason; thinking of Jesus coming out of that tomb, alive forevermore, as a “first fruits” for us, was so uplifting. It is hard to put feelings into words, I just thank God for this faith.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:59 pm

I'm sure this would be a great gift to many.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:12 am

Anne, I also have kept a diary/journal, for the last 3 years. I think others traveling this road would find it interesting and in some cases helpful. I don't usually reread our previous days, someday, I may. Good Luck.

Take Care,
Gerry

Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:22 am

Many times people relate better to a story from others than from reading articles. I would encourage you to publish it! I'm sure it will benefit others and may be very cathartic for you. I wish you the best. Lynn

Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:25 am

I'm so glad you have kept a journal and plan to publish it. Those of us 'in the trenches' especially have a need to read others' experiences with this horrible disease and the day by day heartaches and blessings it brings. [I also keep a journal but am not very faithful at keeping it daily. Sometimes I cut and paste posts I made in this forum to avoid repeating. :wink: ]

Christian bookstores would probably be a great market for your book, as we believers enjoy special kinds of blessings [and also special types of anguish!] in an ordeal like this. Thank you for you efforts. I will buy your journal! ----Pat

Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:30 am

Post Absolutely
I wish I had something like this early on, it would have been an incredible blessing. Providing encouragement and facilitating strength.

Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]