View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Any experience with Dr. Taner at Mayo in Jacksonville? 

Post Any experience with Dr. Taner at Mayo in Jacksonville?
Based on what I read in this forum, I decided to try to get my husband an appointment with a Dr. at Mayo. I'm pretty confident that his LBD diagnosis is right--although another opinion beyond our local neurologist wouldn't hurt. Assuming the diagnosis is correct, I just want to be sure we're managing treatment and care as well as possible.

I couldn't get in to Dr. Van Gerpen or Dr. Ferman at Mayo in a timely way, so we have an appointment with Dr. Taner who was recommended by a doctor we know in Jacksonville. Has anyone had any experience with Dr. Taner?

Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:01 pm

I think she's a fairly new neurologist at Mayo Jax. She did fellowship work at Mayo Rochester, presumably with Dr. Boeve. Most of her research has been in the area of Alzheimer's Disease.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:29 pm

I just spoke to a woman who had her husband to Mayo in Jax and she did not know of this doctor but did say they saw several doctors there and they were very pleased with Mayo in Jax.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]