View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Hallucinations Go Away! 

My wife started on Namenda and Aricept. She could not tolerate the Aricept so she was started on the Exelon patch and tolerated just fine. Then she was started on Seroquel which she couldn't tolerate and was switched to Risperidol. After experimenting with the dosage and times of day to take it we are getting results with .5mg 4 times a day.

Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:37 pm

Your wife is one of the few who can handle Risperdal. Glad you've found something that works!

Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:36 pm

Post Hallucinations
I've been a silent observer for over a year now and thought I'd comment on the hallucination issue. I have taken the same approach as Dianne C. My 62 year old LO has a probable dx of LBD and our journey started late in '08. He is on 5mg of Aricept, and it hasn't done anything for his hallucinations. I feel that so long as he isn't bothered by them, why should I, he seems to take them in stride, like when the death eaters from Harry Potter showed up in the conference room during a meeting or Abraham Lincoln showing up in my bedroom stove pipe hat and all... he just seems to accept them as another part of "Lewy" the 800 hundred pound gorilla who lives with us. What a wild ride we are all on! Take care all...

Pat

Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:44 pm

I've been away from the forum for awhile and just now read your question. My husband has been on 1.5 mg of Risperdal for his hallucinations. He began taking it in April of 2009 and has not had one hallucination since! To my understanding the Exelon patch doesn't affect hallucinations. My husband is on it to help deter the cognitive losses of LBD. When he took Seroquel (one night only) he was worse than without it. Hope this helps.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:17 pm

Any of the AChEIs (such as Exelon) *may* help hallucinations in some.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3