View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Question on Wellbutrin, *and* switch from Aricept? 
Post Question on Wellbutrin, *and* switch from Aricept?
Hi,
It's WifeLiz, and I'm sure this info is somewhere incl. at the sticky post w/ poll on meds.
Still trying to read everything.

My Husband, early stages LBD w/ Parkinsonism, had 1) (by his Psychiatrist specializing in Geriatrics) (Husband 52)Well butrin, small amount, added to his Lexapro, to add anti depressant effect, and to help, (secondary purpose) w/ dopamine. Has anyone had bad or good experience w/ this? Or heard of this reasoning on dopamine re Parkinsonism?

2) Had suggested by local Neuro. (And we make no changes w/o Mayo O.K.) that he might switch from Aricept to the R. version of this class: Remizyn or something similar? (NOT risperadol)
I asked why not Exelon, and local Neuro said "too many G.I. problems," which my Husband does have.

Does anyone have opinions or experiences w/ the "R" drug (pls forgive my memory at moment; I always remember, read about Aricept and Exelon, but not usually the third. I also do not recall hearing/ reading about this third type, or GI probs from Exelon.

My LBDA support group suggested I might want to ask here. Thank you so very much.

WifeLiz

Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]