View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 RISPERDAL (risperidone) - Any info out there on this med? 

My father was started on Resperidone by a local GP just a week ago. I did not know it. Unfortunately one of the things about being so far away is that I don't have a handle on all the day to day things. Med changes are one thing I wish I could keep abreast of more often. My mom didn't realize the risks and gave it to him.

He had horrible hallucinations and stayed awake several nights with aggressive behavior to the point it frightened her. She thankfully realized it must have been the new med and pulled it right away. She will contact me from now on before she gives him something blindly from a GP as I had read about the risk factors and she had forgotten to check with me. Unfortunately thats the problem with where she lives they do not have a family doc and they are bumped around everywhere and doctors, who quite frankly know s**t about this dementia, hand out drugs without bothering to read the side effects. It is more than frustrating. They have one doctor who is not a gerontologist and no neurologist in the area. Even getting into the gerontologist is a struggle. So, I am sooo grateful that you have published the bad drugs and now have the wallet card. It will hopefully help my mum in aiding her with the doctors as I she gets lost under all the info I send her I'm sure.

Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:52 pm
Yes the unknown with drugs is tricky to say the least, sending her the info will be most helpful for her.Risperdal is a drug that caused many of the same problems it caused your Father for my Husband, but yet I know of people that use it with little problems and that is the tricky part of LBD.

Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2