View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Anyone from MA? 

Post Anyone from MA?
Looking for anyone on the forum that is from Massachusetts...

Thu May 29, 2014 12:49 am

Post Re: Anyone from MA?
I (rdexfr) am in Massachusetts, specifically the North Shore area. My LO has been diagnosed as having LBD this past summer. We are engaging in medication and both physical and cognitive therapies.
My principal interest at the moment lies in finding a neurologist who is open-minded about combining medication with therapies. Do you know of such doctors? Our present neurologist seems rather stuck on a single medication, Seroquel.

Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:58 am

My Mom lives in Mass. although I am in NH. She has been through a few neurologists, now going to MGH. I go to a support group in Boston 2nd Thursday of the month. It has been helpful.

take care
Sue

Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:23 pm

rdexfr, I am also interested in what kind of cognitive therapies you are pursuing.
Sue

Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:41 pm

I just arrived in MA from Florida. I am looking for a long-term facility specifically for LBD.
Any suggestions? Additionally, I cannot login to the main website, they do not recognize my email....how do I get into the main website to request facilities...maybe because I haven't been in there for awhile...it may be easier to use phone #

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:16 am

I would suggest you look into Sherrill House in Jamaica Plain (part of Boston). My Mom is still at home, but I attend a LBD support group there once a month and there are a number of people in the support group with people at Sherrill House. If you called them, they could connect you with the person who facilitates the support group as well.

take care and be safe in the storm

Sue

Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]