View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Not Eating 

Remember when the plane crashed in New York harbor? Well, Johnny was in the Coast Guard years ago and he still wants to help, so we needed to go to New York right then and get all those people out of the water. They're all going to drown. We have to do something. And on and on for days. He worried and worried about it, couldn't calm down. And that's what the weather channel does for us. :lol: Occasionally we'll watch tennis if a tournament is on, but even then, he thinks we're there, just go out the door and see everybody. It's just easier not to have to deal with those things. Only when I get desperate do I watch. And it's not just the noise, it's the picture too. Oh, well.

Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:12 pm

Post Mom on feeding tube gaining strength
Please refer to my post on the INTRODUCTION section (its long-winded like me)

After the "perfect storm" of some terrible medical issues and some " wrong meds" given to mom...she was left in a severly demented state with all the paranoia, hallucinations and refusal to eat any kind of poisons we were giving her..She was not diagnosed with LBD (instead of PD diagnosis of last 7 years)..

At any rate, a few weeks ago, she had about 15 minutes of "lucidity", and I was so glad....We were so sure that mom was ready to just pass on, and I was so surprised that she let me know she WANTED to live, she WANTED to go home, and she WANTED to eat, but didnt know why she couldn't....(swallow reflex fine, but like others experience, it tooks hours to get an ounce of anything in her mouth)

Its been 8 days back home with the feeding tube and pump...she has regained strength, still doesnt know she has a stomach tube....Sat up for the first time in 3 weeks...

We have no idea how long mom will last, but in her case, even the neurologist feels that she is a very "special" case , and that if the delerium decreases...she may cope well with careful intro of more typical LBD meds....So, we just feel that God gave us some reassurance that we needed..at that decision time.

Otherwise, I am sure you will make the RIGHT decision for your loved one......in love and compassion we can go either way.

OK gotta run...mom wants to make sure I open the door to let the helicopter out (I knew we should have fixed the screen door !)

Our prayers are with you
Ron

Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6