View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 tantrums 

Post tantrums
Hallo, I am new to this form of communication. My husband has LBD. Currently he is having a lot of tantrums. I cannot walk away for there is no where to walk to. He will follow me.

As he is almost incomprehensible in his speech. It is difficult to know what he is wanting. I guess at subjects which are usually wrong. This makes the tantrums worse.

He is going to day care two days per week now. I have a fight each time to get him in the car. [the fight is verbal ]

:twisted: Maryjo111[/b]

Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:05 am
I am sorry that you are having to go threw this with your husband, LBD is very hard on everyone. Is he on any type of meds for aggression and if not might be time to explore the possibilties.
My Husband was also like this at one point and I finally had to talk to the DR about it and he prescribed a med and it worked and yes it didn't end all of the problems but at least they were manageable.
Come back often to the forums, there will always be someone who can answer a question.
:)

Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:29 pm

I have increased the doseage of the anti anxiety drug. I do this with the help of the medical staff. Every day is a worry to him. I am called to see things about the house which worry him. Reassurance does not always work. He refuses to go to bed in case something awful happens. As his communication skills have almost gone, I can only guess at his worries.

He is very frustrated at not being understood. It seems clear in his head but comes out as a jumble of sounds. Even I am finding it more and more difficult to work out what he wants to say.

Today is one of the day care days. I am too tired to do more than stay around the house. The nights have been my biggest problem. He wakes me in a panic. It takes 30 minutes to calm him and get him settled again. I then try to go to sleep again.

I am told that most patients give up trying to communicate eventually.

What a miserable condition this is.!!

maryjo

Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:57 am
What anti anxiety drug is he taking, I again feel it is time to make a DR visit and if what your doing is not really helping they have to try something else, The hardest part in caregiving is not getting enough sleep and it will wear you very thin. Take Care! :)

Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:04 pm

Thank you for your replies. I have seen the DR and the meds have been increased. He has now started to shout. The shouts do not seem to relate to any event. He thinks it is singing. Of course the grandchildren are frightened.

It now appears that he is having a reaction to some of the meds. He is covered in a rash. I have now several bottles of gloop to cover him with.

Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:40 am
Sounds like you are in for a call put in for the doctor again, Can't have a itchy rash going on. I am sure his shouting out is not anything he can control, Does it seem to be any reason he shouts, like agitation or hunger or maybe he needs to use rest room? I don't know just trying to come up with a helpful idea for you!
Let us know what they do about the meds and try and explain to the little ones that there is something wrong with a switch in his brain maybe that will help them understand!
Good Luck! :)

Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]