View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 behavior 

Post behavior
Something new, mom is insisting that we have not been feeding her or giving her something to drink for days, she insist on eating two or sometimes three times before she goes to bed, and/or she wakes up about an hour after going to sleep and insists on eating/drinking alot which in turn means alot of bathroom trips. sometimes i give in but i dont want her to over eat and cause digestion problems , she gets very agitated and mad at us. Any suggestions? Also, she doesnt remember me most nites, she thinks im her friend from school. She doesnt remember having a "girl" baby. Is long term memory also a prevelant issue with ldb as with ad? She remembers my brothers (who by the way are not here so much). Such is life!

Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:03 pm

Mother has been eating more lately. Two nights ago she was up eating cereal at 2:30 a.m. This was a first for us.
I have read in here that most lbd patients have lots of bathroom trips during the night. I am wondering if this is due to the LBD itself or perhaps the meds?????? I think the nightly bathroom trips are what causes the most problems for us.

#1daughter

Caregiver to 84yr. mother w/LBD & 83yr. dad w/PD

Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:49 pm

Thank you for your reply. You hope you are doing the right thing. It is like when you are a parent for a first time. I guess we do what we have to, to get thru it. Every nite it is a struggle, she wants to go home and check on her mom, she doesnt remember living here.

Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:13 pm
We went through the many repeat meals also, I would give my husband a nice breakfast and a short time later he would ask when I would give him breakfast, I was making serveral breakfasts a day and I came up with the idea of the little packaged fruits and puddings and when he would say he was hungry I would give him several of them saying I would fix a meal soon, it worked for us! :)

Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:51 pm

Re: eating. Other than the nighttime urination, I can't see a problem in feeding her as much as she wants. Can you find something that is filling such as a Boost protein shake or smoothie?

Re: "memory problem." This is not a memory problem but a delusion. The type of delusion is called Capgras Syndrome. This is very common in LBD. It's pointless to argue w/her about it.

Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]