View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 wheelchair 

Post wheelchair
I think I'm going to need an electric wheelchair soon. Today I had a very hard time getting around with a four-pronged cane. I have to have someone to walk with me so I can put a hand on their shoulder. Sometimes I use a walker. But my arms get so tired using those. Maybe I need a walker with wheels for now. But I think I'm going to have to get a wheelchair soon. I don't have insurance, can't qualify for Medicaid, and won't have Medicare for another year. Are there any resources anywhere that can help?

I had a very bad night last night. I went outside in my underwear and refused to come in because I said it wasn't my house. I said it didn't smell right. Tamara had to try really hard to convince me to come in. The kids were scared. I don't remember any of it. She finally convinced me to come in by saying that we were going to spend the night here and go home tomorrow. I also kept talking about how the house didn't smell right. We have a clean house. So I wonder if I was hallucinating a smell? I don't think I've had that kind of hallucination before. I don't think they are very common. i think I don't like this.

rg

Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:24 pm
Profile YIM
Post Re: wheelchair
rwgraves wrote:
I think I'm going to need an electric wheelchair soon.

I said it didn't smell right. . I also kept talking about how the house didn't smell right. We have a clean house. So I wonder if I was hallucinating a smell? rg

Hi Randy,
You have a 2 part questions so I think for the wheelchair issue maybe you could contact the AD association and maybe see if they have any suggestions.
Then on the smell issue the answer is yes this is possible and can be part of LBD, it is called "Olfactory Hallucinations"
I hope this helps some.

Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]