View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 calling out names of loved ones at name as well as the dead 

Post calling out names of loved ones at name as well as the dead
I am trying to figure out how much more time my mom has. Her new behavior is being agitated at night calling out for me, my brother, and my diseased dad. This goes on all night off and on. And she is very distressed. She is given Xanax to calm her.

She takes 125 mg of Seroquel which has been increased lately. Couldn't survive without the Seroquel (dodging bullets and knives), but the higher dose OR advancing dementia is causing this new and distressing behavior.

Is it close to the end? She is not seeing diseased ones, but is just calling for them throughout the night.

Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:29 pm

Post Re: calling out names of loved ones at name as well as the d
Hi, I think one thing you can be sure of is that calling for a LO in the middle of the night shows you are thinking of them. So your Mom is probably thinking about everyone she loves. I don't know if anyone can say how long is left but I will tell you that my father, who had a brain timor, was calling out for my Mom, who had already passed, a few nights before he passed on. Hang in there - it's a difficult time!

Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:23 pm

Thank you....this week has been even worse...I have had one caregiver quit...Mom is becoming too stressful to handle...I am afraid no one will stay with her at her facility. Hasn't been calling names this week....has switched to becoming extremely angry with everyone for "not taking her home"

Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:21 pm

Hang in there! The one thing we do know about Lewy Body is that things will change. Hopefully a change is on the way for your Mom and she will settle down. There are lots of people looking for caregiving jobs so hopefully you can keep finding replacements!

Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]