View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 This moment 

Post This moment
I want to share my latest journal entry with you. It may be too personal. I'm trying to keep a journal for my kids, so that when I am gone they will have something from me, something more than photographs or videos. I wish I could write with my own hand, but some days i can't hold a pen for long.
-----------------------------
Sunday, June 24, 2007

Today my little girl Skyler Rose rode her bicycle without training wheels for the first time. I was there, right beside her, with one hand on the seat and one on the handlebars. My mother was beside me, one hand on my shoulder to keep me steady. I gave a little push and then let go. I let go, and she pumpled her little legs and went sailing across the front yard, wobbly but maintaining balance and shouting, "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy!" She did it, the last of my four children learning to ride on her own power. My little girl. She did it.

Mom handed me my walker, and I took hold of the handlebars. My hands were shaking and my legs were wobbly but maintaining balance. I shouted, "Skyler! Skyler! Skyler!"

This moment is the most important moment of my life, like so many others. If I can hold on to it, if I can just remember this moment, I'll be happy. This moment. It is everything. This moment.

Dear Skyler Rose,

I hope you remember this moment. I hope you remember how it feels to ride on your own power. But memories tend to fade. So even if you can't remember this moment, I hope you remember how I held you and steadied you through so many moments. I hope you remember how often I called your name and encouraged you. I hope you remember how much I love you. You did it, baby girl. Keep riding! Ride on your own power!

Love,

Daddy

Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:07 am
Profile YIM

Hadn't heard from you for a while on these forums and I was a bit afraid that you'd gotten away from us - but here you are again writing in that poignant way we have come to expect.
Great to hear from you - please drop in whenever you can. I always enjoy your posts.
Take care and God Bless

Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:32 pm

We've all missed you and wondered how you are! You show us a side that we often don't deal with - we are so busy with how to care for, what is best for, what we should do now - we forget how scary and sad it can be for those who have lewy body. thank you for reminding us of the more human side.

Kani

I just saw my dad the other day, as I was leaving I felt just the most gentlest kiss on my hand. He doesn't really look at me or talk with me but that kiss well it will always be one of my fondest memories.

Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:40 pm

Randy, thank you for taking precious moments of energy to continue to share with us. I'm so glad you're touching base with us again, and Jerome particularly, my husband with LBD, will be glad to know you are writing again as some days your posts were what made him feel less alone and still human. Our congratulations to Skyler and to you!

Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:05 pm

Randy -- I love your posts -- and I loved that you shared such an intimate moment with us. You need a blog! You need an area for all your wonderful writings to be all together in one spot. If interested, and you need help setting it up, let me know and then you can write away and have everything all in one area - a journal of sorts. (although I personally haven't made a blog - I'd help find a perfect spot for you - maybe recruiting the help of our friend Eric (hint, hint) since he has one... or maybe the webmaster of this site would be able to help (hint, hint) OR I could figure it out myself -- but you need a blog! :) :) Victoria

Victoria; loving daughter of Maureen of Boston, MA; dx'd with LBD in 2/2006; fell victim to rapid decline from Risperidone; Was successful on Celexa, Exelon, ALA & B1; Mom became my Guardian Angel on Sept. 30th, 2006.

Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:31 am

Post Welcome back Randy
Welcome back Randy. I too wondered where you were but mostly how you were. I hope you will post from time to time to let us know how you are doing and how your meds are working or not working. And, like Victoria said, you might want to consider a blog. I know your children will be proud of you. Irene in Italy :D

Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]