View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 watching 2 TVs 

Post watching 2 TVs
My husband & I watch separate TVs most of the time. Lately he has developed the habit of watching his & then coming in to watch mine--problem is he wants to discuss the shows while we are watching them. Of course, he is unable to follow the story line this way & asks questions and tells me what is going on in the other room. It is driving me to distraction. I don't like the shows he watches (too violent, etc) or I would just watch with him. I cannot think of a way to stop this behavior. I assume that Lewy has him unable to sit & focus? Plus he sometimes doesn't understand the program--simple story lines confuse him.
Thank you for listening to me rant about this. I think it bothers me mostly because I have been at work all day and when I come home I want peace & quiet--he has also started rambling on & on & on about this & that.

Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:26 pm

Post Re: watching 2 TVs
Can you get a friend, relative or paid helper to come in and be with him while you try to relax, at least 1 evening a week or so? Also, can you record your shows and watch them after he's in bed (assuming he goes to bed before you do)? CGs need time off and getting help to come in may be 1 answer to your situation. You can't be expected to be "on" all of his waking hours that you are home. You need to take care of YOU too! Lynn

Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:20 pm

Mum used to live for her soaps and quiz programmes - and (in hindsight) one of the earlier symptoms of her LBD was that she started to talk through them all the time. I eventually got her to admit that the problem was she couldn't keep up with anything - concentration was also difficult. It wasn't long before she gave up watching anything altogether. I've succeeded with the odd wildlife prog with no sound on - but beyond that she gets very distressed.
Not very helpful, I know, but maybe if you can work out why it's happening, you can find something else for him to do while you watch your progs. Good luck

Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:08 am

Recently he told me that he gets confused sometimes. And last night a program came on and he asked what had happened up to that point in the show. I told him the show had just started and he said "Oh". I can only imagine how much he confuses himself jumping back & forth between TVs. But then (of course) there are there those times he tells me what is going on at the other TV and keeps up with my program also. It's those times that I begin to question myself about his cognitive skills; until the next bout of confusion comes along.

Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:35 am

oh so true! The questioning yourself at the beginning of this disease that is!

Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]