View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 behavorial issues/refusal of discussing issues with Dr 

Post behavorial issues/refusal of discussing issues with Dr
We suspect my mother has LBD. When she becomes upset we listen, tell her it is not her fault and tell her we will do whatever we can. This helps sometimes. We calm her and then when we call or visit the next day to check on her she is usually better but she is getting worse. We have recenlty moved my dad out stating it is too much for her to care for him, which is only some of the problem. She blames my father for her present state stating the day she married him was the worst mistake she made, blaming him for all her present problems. ( not true). My dad is 86, (6 years older than my mother and was not sleeping many nights, not eating well, due to my Mothers issues). She has hit my dad once, and has been aggressive. He has been unable to handle my Mom any longer as she is having more bad days. My Mom refuses to get medical help but presents with almost every sign. She has been to a psychiatric ward overnight recently as she told an officer she was suicidal when they arrived as my Dad called 911 as he didn't know what else to do when she was acting out. My mother is very depressed. My Mom is very independent and proud and this make it very hard to get her help. When I bring up medications may help her she gets very angry. The Dr would not talk to me at the psychiatric hospital and her family Dr has been of no help. In fact when I talk to her family Dr, the Dr tells my Mom and then my mother gets very angry at me and shuts me out for a while, which really scares me as she is now alone. Her family Dr tested her and as far as I know thinks she is ok, she is not. I don't think I could get her to go to another DR unless a tied her up and took her ( which I of course won't do). I feel there is no help- but feel she needs to be treated. I could use some advise.

Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:43 pm

Post Re: behavorial issues/refusal of discussing issues with Dr
Hi again Joan - I wrote on your other post - a couple of ideas - could you and your Dad go and meet with your Mother's family doctor (without your Mother) and tell him of your concerns. Go with a list of symptoms written down and the LBD pamphlets printed out and have a frank discussion with him asking him not to discuss the visit with you Mother as it causes problems for the family. Could he refer her to a neurologist. Just the fact that your Dad has had to move out should make the doctor pay attention to the fact that something is up! Alternatively could you talk to a friend of your mother's and ask the friend to talk to your mother (without letting her know you were involved)? I remember denial was a big part of my Mom's symptoms in the beginning so getting the diagnosis make things much more straight forward for everyone! Hope you can get to that! Good luck.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]