View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Urinating everywhere but toilet 

Post Urinating everywhere but toilet
My partner of 36 years was diagnosed with LBD about 18 months ago. He was driving and interacting fairly normally until January of this year. After getting lost on his way home, we had to make him quit driving. He seems to have gone downhill cognitively a tremendous amount in the past 11 months. His neurologist agrees. After wetting the bed several times, he agreed to wear Depends at night.

The Depends are saturated in the morning, but I also find surprises from his nocturnal bathroom visits. I find puddles on the bathroom floor, the bath mats, the waste cans, the shower, the bedroom floor, a basket of newspapers in the bedroom, etc. This also happens during the daytime, but not as frequently.

The cleanup requires a lot of extra work for me. He is 73 and I am 71. Any suggestions?

Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:13 pm

Post Re: Urinating everywhere but toilet
We had this issue with my MIL at one time. What we did was get one of those portable potty chairs and sat it right next to her bed. This seemed to take care of the problem because she didnt urinate on the floor anymore she always used the potty chair.

Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:44 pm

My problem wasn't this bad but I did purchase a potty chair for next to the bed. She now wakes me sometimes to get on the potty. Other times she goes in the depends and they are full. But since getting the medications regulaated and going down on the Exelon Patch, at least she is going so I will not complain. retaining urine leads to UTI's. Theya re much worse then cleaning u a mess.

Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:10 am

The commode next to the bed is a great idea if he can get himself there. One more suggestion is the (I'm not sure what they're called) but they use them in the hospital - they're pads you lay on the bed and then if there's an accident you can just throw the pad in the wash - you need to have at least two of them! Oh - and keep smiling! :)

Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]