View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 general/meds/behvior 

Post general/meds/behvior
I have never posted anything, and not sure if i am doing this correctly but have often turned to the forum for information and validation(if that is the correct word to use?) It is comforting to see in words that you are not the only one experiencing this journey. One of the questions that has finally brought me to post is has anyone's LBD loved one talked about theirselves in the third person or in their mind "switched" places with their caregiver, in my case, I am the daughter, but my mom thinks she is me and she needs to go home every nite(which is a source of great agitation for both of us) to check on her old, 84 year old mom (which is actually her), she goes on to discribe that her mom is forgetful and cant do much for herself etc...everything that i am experincing as her main care giver. Also, I can go into one room and come back in and she ask me where the other girl went. Most nites she doesnt know that I am her daughter and that she is 84 years old. Is this capgrass? After a year in an assisted living for alzhimers, we decided to move her in with us. I am the typical "sandwich" generation. 3 young childen 12 and under and a mom who requires alot of direction and watching over, but is still pretty independent. She has been in our home since Oct. 2007. She was diagnosed with Dementia/alzheimer aprox 4-5 years ago with a more specific LBD diagnosis 3 years ago. We were under a care of a neurologist who then refer us to a physicatrist who has experience with dementia patients. We have been thru the trial and error of meds and have been pretty stable since the episode that brought all this to a head. For her LBD behaviors, she is on Namenda, Razadyne ER, Seroquel(low dose-350mg) Clonazepam, Flouxetine and a few health maintance drugs. UTI's definetly affect her very negatively..she becomes more confrontational,paranoid and in that thinks her meds and foods are poison. Do they realize that they have such behavior swings? Sometimes she says something that makes me stop and think somewhere in their she realizes how stressful it is for us and her. It has been a roller coaster of emotions and behaviors. I could go on and on, but for now if any one knows what I am talking about with the switching places type behavior please let me know how you handle it and if the meds seem appropriate or is there anything else we should look into to improve the quality of our lives. Thank you

Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:27 am

My mother thinks my dad switched places with another "dad that looks just like him." She doesn't like the one that is with her now, she wants the other one.
She often asks where the other girl is(meaning the other one of me). Last night she thought I was her sister.

Also she thinks we switched houses on her and she is in one identical to her "real" house. She wants to go "home" to her other house.

She has never switched places with me in her mind so far.(that I know of)

Mother says her house is full of people. She describes them to all of us.
It is very hard for everyone dealing with this dreaded LBD.

#1daughter

Caregiver to 84yr. mother w/LBD & 83yr. dad w/PD

Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:03 am

I am kinda new to all this stuff. My grandma has LBD. She switchs my aunt around with her grandson. She thinks my cousin her grandson is her daughter.

Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]