View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 It's always something!!!!! 

Post It's always something!!!!!
Hi everyone...I live with and care for my mother who was diagnosed with LBD in May of this year. I love my mother very much and I know that I shouldn't complain so instead I decided to see if anyone else is experiencing what I am, constantly. It seems to me that no matter how hard I try to address every possible issue, my mother manages to come up with a new complaint, always. My mother was never a good patient even before she became so ill. Honestly, the things she manages to come up with leave me perplexed. I have educated myself very well about this insane disease but I can't dismiss this "attention seeking". I must investigate everything for fear that the one time I don't, her complaint will be valid. Is there anyone who is experiencing anything similar? If so, any coping skills you may have to offer would be greatly appreciated...........Cindy

Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:11 am

Post Re: It's always something!!!!!
What sort of complaint is your mom making? Hallucinations? Is she in pain, uncomfortable?

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:13 pm

Post Re: It's always something!!!!!
Cindy - for many complaints a simple "yes I know and I'm having it fixed" or "yes, it was a problem but I took care of it so it's no longer a problem" may help. It keeps it from escalating into an argument about "what's real" and what isn't, and will often satisfy the person. Lynn

Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]