View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Like Turning On a Switch 

Post Like Turning On a Switch
Like other posts in this category, my LO flipped two weeks ago. The living room in our house was tore up from the floor up. All of a sudden he wanted me to get away from him, said I wasn't going to kill him, started breaking everything he could get his hands on. Had to be restrained by a neighbor until the police and ambulance came. They were very gentle and kind, never laying a hand on him. They safely got him in the ambulance and he was transported to the hospital. Later, we were transferred to a neuropsychiatric facility. He's doing some better but is in a totally different time zone now and doesn't really remember me. He knows the kids fleetingly and can communicate his wishes somewhat. Prognosis is the final stages of LBD, moderately controlled with Seroquel and Trazedone (PRN). He did have a minor UTI, then developed pneumonia due to aspiration. It's heartbreaking as you all know to watch a former strong viable individual reduced to this state. I pray for all of you dealing with this. Glad this forum has allowed us to share our experiences.

God Bless all,
Terri

Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:09 pm

Post Re: Like Turning On a Switch
Terri,
This is indeed sad to read but you have been doing this long enough to know it sometimes happens like this, when we get to this popint there really isn't much we can do , its no longer in our hands but don't give up just yet as I have seen them come back not many but it does happen. I am thinking about you ! Keep us up dated please.

Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:18 pm
Profile WWW

So sorry to hear about this, Terri - will hold you and your John and all your family in our thoughts, in this very difficult time.
Take care of yourself, too -
Laurel

Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:56 am

I am so sorry for what you are now going through, too. Hang in there and ask for help and support from those who care about you two. Take care and keep us posted when you have time. Lynn

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]