View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 irrationality 

Post irrationality
My husband has a long, insane, irrational hatred for a woman we know. They worked in the same department before he retired, and he insists everyone there hated her. She has recently become involved with dear friend of ours, and I'm terrified that that friendship is bound to be shattered by my husband's anger at this former co-worker. I've inadvertently become close friends with this woman -- she is kind, intelligent, generous, talented, and interesting -- and is fond of my husband -- and yet he frequently brings up (not to her, fortunately) what a horrible person she is.
Is this a symptom of LBD? Is this perhaps an "hallucination?" I cannot fathom how this began; I believe there is NO basis for it except some small thing about her personality perhaps, that he has latched on to and enlarged into monsterdom. He has had similar reactions, very occasionally, to people, but never to this extent.

Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:40 pm

Post Re: irrationality
That behavior definitely is something to be concerned about. I think if that is the only one of the possible symptoms for LBD, it would be stretching a point to link the paranoia to Lewy Body at this time. Having said that, I agree it is irrational and unusual behavior but you would be losing time in discovering the problem without looking at other root causes first. This must be so frightening for you. Please keep trying to find what is the basis for it and welcome back here with your search. This forum has discovered LBD comes in all sizes and shapes. Just because a problem such as this has not presented as a 'first symptom' before does not mean that you have not stumbled on to something that has been missed. I want you to find the cause as soon as possible so you will know how best to help.

"See this lady she's 85 but she's nice", This is the way my husband, Mr B., introduced me in 2006 to the people only he knew. Death due to pneumonia. Lewy Body Dementia diagnosed post mortem at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville Florida.

Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:24 pm

Post Re: irrationality
I think Dorothea has given you excellent advice. My dad had similar symptoms but much later in the course of the disease. Has your LO been evaluated by a geriatric neurologist or anyone that might be able to figure out what's going on? Good luck, let us know what happens, Lynn

Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]