View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Charting behavioral issues in a facility 

Post Charting behavioral issues in a facility
Combative behavior with the staff at the SNF has been an ongoing issue with my husband [as it was with me when he was home]. I am trying to convince the aides and nurses to chart this behavior because, if we need to make a medication change because of behavioral problems, there needs to be evidence in the chart to back it up. A few days ago, the nurse reported to me that Derek 'popped her in the jaw'. I told her I was very sorry and hoped she wasn't injured [she was not] but also urged her to chart it [she had not] and explained why. While I hope it won't lead to his being evicted :shock: , as an RN I also know the importance of charting everything. And I certainly don't want the staff being subject to abusive behavior! Their job is tough enough.

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:22 am

Post Re: Charting behavioral issues in a facility
There were a number of things about my dad that didn't appear in his chart when he first was living at the ALF. I don't know why this happens - too much work? people don't think it's important? people don't care? I don't know, but it is an important issue that you raise, Pat. Lynn

Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]