View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 respite care. father will not go 

Post respite care. father will not go
My dad who has LBD i signed up for him to go to the VA for a week of respite for me. He had the tour and was told it was only for 5 days. ever since i've taken him to this tour he seems to have gotten worse and today he wouldn't go to his Adult Day Care as he thought i was taking him to respite. The bottom line is that i don't think i will be able to get him to go/ has anyone else had this problem. He stays with me at home, he's been here a year and a half. I am seriously thinking of putting him in a nursing home as i'm worn out. Any help would be appreciated.

mae

Wed May 16, 2007 4:10 pm
Post Re: respite care. father will not go
mae church wrote:
\ Any help would be appreciated.
mae

Hi Mae, Welcome to the forums! After reading your post it made me wonder if some medications were used and shouldn't have been.Its about the only thing I can think of off the top of my head, in order to get him back to his day program you may have to go with him and stay for a bit. Good Luck! :?

Wed May 16, 2007 7:12 pm

thanks for your concern. he just really likes his home. and i think he's afraid of anything new.

Wed May 16, 2007 9:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]