View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Tell our stories 

Post Tell our stories
I'm not sure where to put this, so I just chose the thread with the most recent posting. Feel free to move it to another spot if you can identify a more appropriate location.

I received the following email this morning from Dr. Gaugler's office. He is a well published authority in caregiving research. It is about telling our stories on Oprah Winfrey's network, OWN. I think it is important to tell our stories. So if you are interested, please respond via the link provided. They are looking for active caregivers. I responded, even though Mom has passed. I look forward to seeing some of you on TV.

Kate

The email:

Hello Attendees and Friends of the Caring for a Person with Memory Loss Conference,

On behalf of Dr. Joe Gaugler, I am sending you info on a unique opportunity that you, a family member, friend, or someone you work with may be interested in.

The Our America with Lisa Ling television show produced by and shown on OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) will be showing a series of stories about family caregivers. They are currently looking for volunteers to follow and film on location for 2-3 days.

According to the Show's Announcement, they are looking for people you can say yes to at least one of the following questions:
Will you be moving your elderly parent(s) into your home between July 1st and Aug 1st 2012?
Or are you currently caring from your parent(s) full time in your home?
Does your parent have dementia or Alzheimer's?
Is it difficult to juggle a career, family and the needs of your aging parent(s)?
Did you give up a job or career to care for your parent(s)?
If you are interested in participating or reading more about the project, please visit Oprah's Website. This series has potential to bring more exposure to the often hidden struggles caregivers face while providing much needed care.
https://www.oprah.com/ownshow/plug_form ... id=9011902
Hope your summer is off to a good start,

Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]