View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Jackie has passed 

Post Jackie has passed
Jackie my mother in law has passed away. She died on April 19. Jackie peasfully fell asleep . She came down with asprated pneumonia on Monday and passed away Thursday. we tried to do a pain maintance patch of Fentanyl 25mcg ,well that turned out to be to strong. she only had the patch on for 3 days by the third day she was to drugged almost sedated. As soon as the fentanyl was out of her system she came down with the pneomonia. Jackie was not eating very good only 5% of her meals and drinking maybe a half of cup of juice at each meal. we knew it was not going to be much longer but were surprise at how fast it went.

I just wanted to say thank you to all of the great care givers on this web site. You all have helped more then I could ever say. it was nice to know I had friends just a click away.

If I could give any advice to anyone dealing with a loved one with LBD don't be afraid of a nursing home. Once we put JAckie there a huge weight was lifted from my shoulders and I was able to greet JAckie every day with much more energy. I know she was well cared for and could get a full night sleep.

Fri May 04, 2007 9:36 am
Post Re: Jackie has passed
[quote="PHYLLIS"]Jackie my mother in law has passed away.

Dear Phyllis,
I do extend my sympathies to you and your family, I know you did everything possible to make Jackie's life more comfortable, you are a good daughter-in-law.

Fri May 04, 2007 10:13 am

As a Caring In-Law myself, I have to echo Irene's sentiments. You really went above and beyond in caring for Jackie, and are to be commended. You struggled with this for so long.

My condolences on her passing; I hope that you're finding a place of peace and comfort as the immense burden of caring has been lifted.

Regards,

Eric

Cal is not the real name of a real 84 year old with DLB. I don't speak for LBDA, nor do I have clever initials behind my name, so information is provided without warranty. Caveat everybody. I blog at http://PragmaticCaregiver.blogspot.com

Fri May 04, 2007 11:52 am
Profile WWW

My deepest condolences on your loss, Phyllis. It seems like only yesterday you began posting and now your Mother-in-law's journey is complete. Although every care-giver deserves a huge pat on the back, I think special reagards should go out to those who are so willing and determined to assist their in-laws. You are a truly special person. I hope your family can heal and be comforted in the knowledge that you did the very best for Jackie.
God Bless

Fri May 04, 2007 4:41 pm

I'm sorry for you loss but thankfully Jackie is now at peace. I hope this allows you to also be at peace. From what I've read and could tell you were a loving and caring daughter-in-law. Thank you for your kind words to me. The people on this forum truly are angels. I don't know what any of us would do without it. It is funny it is annonymous, yet I feel that I'm getting to know and care for all of you.

Love,
Kani

Fri May 04, 2007 4:48 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. I too am a daughter in law but have developed a special bond with Mum through this awful illness and dread the time you have already reached.

God bless you Phyllis, from what I read you did all you could to help her through the awfulness of this disease.

Kind regards and much respect from across the miles
~Dawn

Sat May 05, 2007 6:03 am

I offer you my condolences on the passing of your mother-in-law. As others have said, she's at peace now and her suffering is over.

Sun May 06, 2007 1:09 am

Thank you for all your kind words. Yes I do feel a sence of relief for both me and my family and also for Jackie. someone has once wrote they were surprised at how hard it was for them when their loved one died even know they knew it was coming. well what was hard was the watching, we knew it was going to happen and I found it real differcult to be there. All the little stuff after isd real hard as well, packing the clothes cleaning out her bed room,because when she went in the nursing home I left her room the same. Forever that room will be JAckies room.
Thank you again no one else know what we went through except you all and it is nice to talk to people who know from expirence what our life has been like.
All my LBD family are truly angels.

Sun May 06, 2007 9:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]