View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Wanting To Go Home 

Post Re: Wanting To Go Home
let me clarify about what I thought I heard about default brain connection….

overuse of default brain….

not of in use brain…..~

not shutting down default brain…..

when should be meditating….

working that brain to death….

so….could still be overachiever…..but be have been able to shut down at times….~normal…..

the example that was given was a meerkat……
a sentry meerkat….
forever on the lookout….never shutting down….

as opposed to someone doing a little yoga…every now and then….
or a enough Our Fathers….
or Hail Marys…..

or Ocean Waves gently crashing….

so…….
at one time in our early existence on earth…meerkat sentry behaviour was beneficial….
but in todays world….it is no longer necesary for most of us…
and the thinking is….not beneficial for long life….

Craig - Patient - Male - 56 years old - Lewy Bodies diagnosed on March 23, 2011 - cognitive disorder NOS dx 2007 - RBD REM dx 2007 issues for 20+ years - intention tremor 1974 - other issues many years

Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:15 am

I was doing some work tonight with a lot of waiting time while programs ran, and in those intervals I was reading a murder mystery set in 1930 London. The heroine is trapped in a dusty rare book store, with a dead body. I want to share the passage I just read:

"I sank to the floor beside the window and rested my arms on the wide window ledge. At this moment I didn't want to be grown up and independent and on my own in a big city. I wanted more than anything to be home. I wanted to be with Nanny, and Binkey, and even Fig at this moment, in a safe place far from here. And I wanted someone to rescue me."

Don't we all wish we could rescue our loved ones and bring them home?

Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:51 am

Quote:
Don't we all wish we could rescue our loved ones and bring them home?

Indeed we do, Jeanne!

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:41 am

Heartfelt - OH YEAH! :(

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:08 am

It is so nice to be wondering about something that my mother is going through and then to be able to find the answers here. Thank you everyone! My mother is also obsessing about going home and sometimes I have no idea what she means. I think she is so desperately seeking a place to live where there is no Lewy Body disease - a place where her brain works right. She causes so many problems messing up the situation in which she is living at the time because she wants to find home or accusing the people that are trying to help her of lying to her or abusing her because that is easier to accept than the idea that her brain isn't working right. Someone posted earlier that people with Dementia with Lewy Bodies are trying to escape Lewy and return to an earlier time of life in which they weren't suffering from it. Thanks everyone - Liz

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:12 pm

Loved the quoted book passage, Jeanne. Very fitting for our discussion. (it fits me for sure and probably my husband too).

Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:52 am

Liz,

hopethetical question….on your quote….
[quote] easier to accept than the idea that her brain isn't working right/quote]

How could there ever be an answer to that question?

I am myself working on this very question, for purely selfish reasons….

….

I believe that my brain thinks it works fine all of the time….
I tend to trust my brain before others….
I know that at times my brain isn't faithful to my commands…
So, I know it can't be trusted…pretty much fact….
So, why do I trust my brain over yours?or anyone else's?

I don't know if I think it is easier for me to think like that, instead of another way…..I think, there is no other way for me to think….
My brain is in control of my thinking….and it is the problem….
and for me….all answers have to come through my brain….my defective brain, my defective….failing brain….

sometimes I find myself thinking I wish I didn't know what the problem was….
but, never acting that way……
sometimes forgetting that I have a problem…
like trying to have a real conversation, maybe even one with a little power reasoning involved…at competition speed…

but…..when I think I am not having a brain problem…..am I?
it has happened that way…..I have seen the proof…..and my brain is still letting me believe that….

I believe one day….that will not be the case….
or…..I believe that one day…..
the association in my brain of my knowing that I have a brain problem….might get lost….
then I would not be able to reason with the notion of having a brain problem….that lost association might be a fluctuation or a new baseline….

so…if he problem can't be me…..its gotta be something external…

…….
I am dealing with this now….emptying my house….and finding all of those things that I thought….
someone took….
I maybe let someone borrow…
somebody else did something to it….

I am pretty much finding things wherever I put them….at some point…..
just not where my last accurate~….'my' last memory of that item doesn't match reality…..
I can put together some of what has happened….but not all….
(I am finding everything)….nobody did anything…except me...

What is it……a big mess……
I can't trust my memory…… (.) period. (.)…..
neither can you…..

and I think it gets worse….

I don't think she is choosing….what she is thinking….I don't think her brain is 'making' a choice to think that way….
the decision process within the brain is the culprit….not the decision…

just trying to think this stuff through….to keep me noticing when it ain't right…..

Craig - Patient - Male - 56 years old - Lewy Bodies diagnosed on March 23, 2011 - cognitive disorder NOS dx 2007 - RBD REM dx 2007 issues for 20+ years - intention tremor 1974 - other issues many years

Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2