View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Bedwetting - need some advice 

Post Bedwetting - need some advice
My husband has wet the bed, off and on, for a while. Now he is wetting every night. He wears disposable pants at night. Nope, doesn't help. We talked about it and I have woken him up. Nope, doesn't help. I need to know if there are any adult diapers and where can I find them? It is getting old washing his bedding every night. I do have a wonderful cloth/plastic sheet under the bed so the mattress is fine. That is a blessing. But, this is the 4th night in a row. Unusual for Ron. Thanks!

Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:55 am

Post Re: Bedwetting - need some advice
Kate, Most brands have night time briefs. Frank can no longer walk or stand so I use the tab briefs at night because he's in bed. I also have the mens pads I put 2 inside the brief, one in front and one in back, overlaping a bit in the middle, or I use the "belted brief" without the belt to line the night time brief. Both seem to do the job, but just incase I have a quilted waterproof pad on top of the sheet, that way there is just the pad and you don't have to strip the bed. We're not helping the land fill situation but we have no choice.

Good Luck,
Gerry

Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:37 am

Gerry, sounds good to me. I am up for anything. Thanks!

Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:40 pm

Katie,

Do you know that the side-tape briefs hold more fluid than the pull-ups?

I prefer Tena brand incontinence supplies. They have a nighttime pad ("SuperPad") that is designed to go inside a side-tape brief. We sometimes used two nighttime pads.

We also used the 3'x4' quilted pads. Sometimes we put two of these down.

In the end, the only thing that really helped was getting a Foley indwelling catheter.

Robin

Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:31 pm

Robin, I was not aware of that. Thanks for the info. Will see if I can get Ron to try some. He hates the wetness so there is a chance. Thanks!

Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:00 pm

Katie,
Would a condom Cath work? We had good luck with it and it kept most nights dry !

Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:00 pm
Profile WWW

I had asked our Hospice nurse about a condom cath. but she thought Frank would pull at it and I'd have more of a mess. His hands are always pulling at something, usually his blankets, he drags them up to a pile, or he might pull at his shirt. I think, in our situation, she's probably right so I'll continue using the briefs.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]