View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Whaddaya expect from Lewy, huh? 

Post Whaddaya expect from Lewy, huh?
Coy has been sick going on two weeks. Even 9 days of antibiotics didn't shake it. It is not surprising that it has hit him so hard -- I'm past week 1 now myslef, and not well yet, either.

This has effected his cognition, but not his wit. I found his lost checkbook for him today and put it on his table. When I was helping him to bed I saw his wallet and that reminded me. "What did you do with the checkbook after I found it this morning?" I asked. He shook his head. "Lewy has had a lot of time since that event this morning to mess with my head. You can't wait that long to ask me questions like that if you want an answer." :lol: Too true.

In spite of being weak he went bowling today. Amazingly he did not fall down. A little bit of exercise and social interaction was probably good for him at this point, but it wiped him out for the rest of the day.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:58 am

Post Re: Whaddaya expect from Lewy, huh?
OMG, Jeanne! He has a checkbook? Coy has to be the most atypical Lewy on the planet. But glad to hear he is still up to a good time. :P

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:52 am

Pat, we went to the bank together and took him off our joint account and opened a small account in his name. He can use it to pay for his bowling (and golf) and other small items. I try to keep track of the checkbook so that he only has it with him for bowling, etc. He does not have any credit cards. The account is a small piece of independence for him, although it no longer seems as important to him for that as it originally did. He spends a long time looking at the monthly statement but I don't think he understands it. (He certainly can't handle the household finances!! He can just write a small check to the bowling alley.) He is in early stage, remember. What is atypical, perhaps, is how long that is lasting.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:30 pm

I totally see your point. Derek used to carry a few bills in his wallet when he was home but they would disappear [he would lose them] and then it became an issue! :shock:

Pat [68] married to Derek [84] for 38 years; husband dx PDD/LBD 2005, probably began 2002 or earlier; late stage and in a SNF as of January 2011. Hospitalized 11/2/2013 and discharged to home Hospice. Passed away at home on 11/9/2013.

Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]